Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JRSteensen
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm   

Menu-type Button?

How do I configure the menu-type button? Haven't been able to find anything in the helpfiles for adding selections to a menu-type button.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:34 pm   

It is in in the help, but a little buried. The Introduction to Buttons mentions how to do it. Anyhow, here is an example.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <class name="submenu" submenu="true" copy="yes">
    <menu priority="10" copy="yes">
      <caption>abc</caption>
    </menu>
    <menu priority="20" copy="yes">
      <caption>def</caption>
    </menu>
  </class>
  <button type="Menu" priority="30" copy="yes">
    <caption>menu</caption>
    <value>submenu</value>
  </button>
</cmud>
JRSteensen
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:08 am   

Thank you. Is there a function or command I can use to dynamically add sub menu items?

Slightly OT, but is there also a function or command to set button positions? I'm trying to dynamically generate gauges for another part of my script of friendlies and enemies.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:25 am   

On the submenus, from the settings editor, there is a new button with a menu arrow on it. So long as you have the button in question selected, it should be as simple as choosing new button state.

As for positioning the buttons, you can either to it numerically via the options tab (uncheck autoposition and autosize to edit).
Or...
Under the layout menu of the main cmud window you can uncheck lock buttons, at which point you can click and drag them where you want. Just remember to lock it again afterwards.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 pm   

If you are looking to make dynamic buttons I always recommend making multiple nearly identical buttons. The buttons should each have a unique number that corresponds to their position/order, and that same number is used in multiple places. Captions on buttons are automatically dynamic and can use that unique number to decide what to display. The script should also contain the same number and can use that to determine how to execute. After that everything is held in a record variable.

You can use the #MENU command to add menu items. Deleting the menu items might be a little bit trickier.
JRSteensen
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:29 pm   

shalimar wrote:
On the submenus, from the settings editor, there is a new button with a menu arrow on it. So long as you have the button in question selected, it should be as simple as choosing new button state.

As for positioning the buttons, you can either to it numerically via the options tab (uncheck autoposition and autosize to edit).
Or...
Under the layout menu of the main cmud window you can uncheck lock buttons, at which point you can click and drag them where you want. Just remember to lock it again afterwards.

Thank you. But I'm looking to dynamically create the gauges and stack them vertically in a second window. I didn't know if there is a command that I can do something like "ypos = (@GaugeCount * @Button Height) + 1".
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:02 pm   

I would do as Vij suggested.
If there is a maximum party size just go ahead and make that many buttons, and then just toggle the ones currently in use with #T+/-
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:10 pm   

shalimar wrote:
I would do as Vij suggested.
If there is a maximum party size just go ahead and make that many buttons, and then just toggle the ones currently in use with #T+/-

Fair enough. Max size is 64 - I'm actually tracking the status of various starfighters within my ships squadrons. To get enough real estate, I may just have to expand onto my second monitor.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:05 am   

You can make it do pages by having other buttons increment a page number variable. A single bar on one side with 10-15 gauges and page control buttons should not be hard. With a little bit of work you can also have the data displayed constantly be sorted so that page 1 is where most of the information you need gets routinely displayed.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 am   

Since the technique for doing this really complex I decided to mock up an example for you.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <class name="ButtonExample" copy="yes">
    <var name="ButtonPaging" type="Integer" usedef="true" copy="yes">
      <value>0</value>
      <default>0</default>
    </var>
    <button name="LeftPageBtn" autosize="false" width="35" height="23" autopos="false" left="0" top="0" toolbar="4" image="ARROWL" priority="30" copy="yes">
      <value>#IF (@ButtonPaging) {#ADD ButtonPaging -1}</value>
    </button>
    <button name="RightPageBtn" autosize="false" width="35" height="23" autopos="false" left="40" top="0" toolbar="4" image="ARROWR" priority="40" copy="yes">
      <value>#IF (%numitems(@ButtonExampleData)-%eval(10*@ButtonPaging)>10) {#ADD ButtonPaging 1}</value>
    </button>
    <var name="ButtonExampleData" type="Record" usedef="true" copy="yes">
      <value>bob="10|0|50"</value>
      <json>{"bob":[10,0,50]}</json>
      <notes>Value is arranged as current|gauge low point|max</notes>
    </var>
    <button name="ButtonExample1" type="Gauge" autosize="false" width="74" height="15" autopos="false" left="0" top="25" toolbar="4" color="green" gaugelowcol="red" gaugebackcol="#ECE9D8" priority="62" copy="yes">
      <caption>%if(%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),%eval(1+10*@ButtonPaging)),%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),%eval(1+10*@ButtonPaging))%if(%btnenable(ButtonExample1,1),,),%if(%btnenable(ButtonExample1,0),,))</caption>
      <value>#CALL {heal %item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData), 1)}</value>
      <expr>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),1)),1)</expr>
      <gaugemax>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),1)),3)</gaugemax>
      <gaugelow>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),1)),2)</gaugelow>
    </button>
    <button name="ButtonExample2" type="Gauge" autosize="false" width="74" height="15" autopos="false" left="0" top="42" toolbar="4" btnenabled="false" color="green" gaugelowcol="red" gaugebackcol="#ECE9D8" priority="61" copy="yes">
      <caption>%if(%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),%eval(2+10*@ButtonPaging)),%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),%eval(2+10*@ButtonPaging))%if(%btnenable(ButtonExample2,1),,),%if(%btnenable(ButtonExample2,0),,))</caption>
      <value>#CALL {heal %item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData), 2)}</value>
      <expr>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),2)),1)</expr>
      <gaugemax>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),2)),3)</gaugemax>
      <gaugelow>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),2)),2)</gaugelow>
    </button>
    <button name="ButtonExample3" type="Gauge" autosize="false" width="74" height="15" autopos="false" left="0" top="59" toolbar="4" btnenabled="false" color="green" gaugelowcol="red" gaugebackcol="#ECE9D8" priority="60" copy="yes">
      <caption>%if(%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),%eval(3+10*@ButtonPaging)),%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),%eval(3+10*@ButtonPaging))%if(%btnenable(ButtonExample3,1),,),%if(%btnenable(ButtonExample3,0),,))</caption>
      <value>#CALL {heal %item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData), 3)}</value>
      <expr>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),3)),1)</expr>
      <gaugemax>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),3)),3)</gaugemax>
      <gaugelow>%item(%db(@ButtonExampleData,%item(%dbkeys(@ButtonExampleData),3)),2)</gaugelow>
    </button>
  </class>
</cmud>
JRSteensen
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:46 pm   

Fantastic! Thank you.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:29 pm   

You can make it a little simpler by putting the repeated expressions into functions. Using that method you can simplify the caption ones by using #RETURN "" to make the blank caption instead of the messy %if(action,,) that I have.
JRSteensen
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:38 am   

Quick, hopefully easy, question:

Is there a way to sort the submenu items in the menu?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: