Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
stugatz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 pm   

simple, fast, heal trigger

Finally returning to MUDs after a very long time, and I dont remember, well, much of anything about triggers or scripting.

I have CMUD 3.3.4, and it does lots of good things, I just can't make my heal trigger work correctly.

Some background and information:
This MUD allows two characters at a time, so typically I am warrior/cleric, when my warrior's HP gets low, I want my cleric to wake up, heal him, and then go back to sleep.

I had issues using "tell <cleric> healme" because sometimes the warrior will be stunned/incapacitated and not send the heal for several rounds of combat, and I want him to heal quickly
I thought I would be able to have the trigger on the warrior side #ECHO HEALME, but that doesn't work, because I usually am watching the warrior window, so it just echos there, and my cleric window never sees anything to trigger off of.

Is there a way to make the ECHO command go to a specific window? Or a way to set a "community/shared" window that both warrior and cleric can "see/send to"? Some other way I'm not thinking of?

I hope this makes sense, let me know if there is anything more I can add to clarify, thanks!
stugatz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:03 pm   

I think I found myself a workaround/solution:

named my cleric session "cleric" and now my trigger on the warrior side is: #window cleric "healmestring"

so it always echos where I want it to, the cleric picks up the trigger fast and every time, no game-side delays, and itis working great.

If I could delete this thread myself, I would, but if anyone else wants to, go right ahead, I'm done now, thanks!
Llohr
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:24 am   

Hey, just an fyi, you could also do something like:
Code:
#execwin cleric {#send <command to heal>}
and thus skip the need to trigger off an echo entirely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: