Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fallen.Anvil
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:54 pm   

Putting Buttons Into Alphabetical Order

Is there a way to get your current buttons to put themselves into alphabetical order when displayed on my button bar?

They arrange themselves in Alpha order in my settings but I can't figure out how to make them do so on my main screen.

Thanks
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm   

Unless your explicitly state the position, instead of leaving it in the default automatic, I think they order themselves according to order of creation, or maybe by the priority number.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:25 am   

Thanks
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:41 am   

If you make the buttons all operate and display dynamically then yes you can. Use a caption such as %item(@ButtonList, nnn) where nnn is a manually assigned number based on the buttons screen positioning. In the scripts area you will want to use that same number to select the script to run. I would suggest putting the current button scripts into aliases named BtnScriptNAME where NNAME would match the caption name this will allow you to use #EXEC {%item(@ButtonList, nnn)} as the script for each button. Set the sort list check box on your ButtonList variable and you are all done. You can even make the nnn numbers dynamic if you wanted to add buttons to 'scroll' through multiple panels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: