Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Needofhelp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:46 am   

All my settings just stoped working

Hi guys

I have been running cmud for some time on Win10, it runs ok but tend to crash from time to time. But this is not my problem now...A few days ago i was playing, then suddenly my triggers, variables and aliases started to act wierd...aliases are suddenly typos, Triggers are not trigging their commandlines ect. I dident touch anything and are now clueless on how to get them working again. Anyone experienced this before and can help me? I did try to load a backupfile but this has the same problemes..

Gratefull for any help

Btw: I'm just a mudder I don't have any skills in programming what so ever, but i have learned the basics of writing simple trigger ect.
Fallen.Anvil
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:15 am   

I'm no coder either but I do know that sometimes Cmud crashes and fouls up character settings.

I've had mine ruined a few times. I was told it tends to happen when you get the message that Cmud didn't start right and you force it to run anyway.

I keep backups of my player packages and profiles now elsewhere on my hard disk.
Fallen.Anvil
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 am   

I would uninstall cMud.. Reinstall from scratch and then try your backupfiles. Hopefully those didn't get corrupted as well.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:47 am   

It sounds like your package has gone corrupted.
Deleting the .pkg file should fix it.

Before doing that you may want to export to XML (from the settings editor file menu).
When you recreate a new .pkg when it next loads you maybe be able to recover some of your settings by importing from it.
But you may have to start from scratch.

I find i tend to code it better each time around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: