Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Space_Pilot
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 pm   

Can't copy/paste in cmud

Hi,

Just installed cmud v.3 on my computer that is running windows 10. It seems to work fine, I can make triggers and such but I can't seem to copy/paste anything.
First time it happened was when I was trying to put in my key to register it. Didn't work so I had to fill it in manually.
I tried to make a trigger but same thing. It actually copies to text, but I can't paste it within cmud. Using paste outside the program works fine though, which is how I know that the text is actually copied in the first place.

Tried running cmud in compatability mode and as an administrator, but same problem occurs.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 pm   

That is very odd, typically it will pull the key out of your clipboard if you have it there automatically.
Is it just the shortcut that fails, or can you not access it in the typical right click menu, or via the edit menu either?
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 pm   

Even if I right-click and choose paste within cmud nothing happens.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:55 pm   

I don't have either of those issues.

There have been a few other odd things reported as well..
I am guessing that there is something that the CMUD installer program is not doing, on a clean installation of Windows 10, that is being managed when an existing copy of CMUD is kept through the Windows 10 upgrade process.
I don't currently have a second machine to test that theory on.

A few things you could try are: restarting CMUD, rebooting your system, reinstalling CMUD
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:14 am   

Restarting my computer or re-installing cmud completely didn't help at all.
One thing that might have a logical explanation, but that I can't explain myself is the following:

I mark some random work from the mud, ctrl+c and then ctrl+v it anywhere within cmud and it won't paste it. I try to paste it outside cmud like in my browser and it works.

If I write something in the textfield(or what you call it) where you put in your commands to the mud, and then ctrl+c/v that, then it works within cmud.
Maybe works in a different way or something.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:27 am   

Odd..
If you highlight text in the main window, it should be automatically copied.
Can that be pasted without having to manipulate the 'command line'?
I shouldn't think that there is more than one clipboard...
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:49 am   

Not within cmud no.

I mean, I am starting to think that this is a computer problem.
So, I wanted to get a script I made before from pastebin. If you are familiar with pastebin then you know it has one main window, and under that a raw paste data window.
If I copy a text from the main window, then I can paste it into the editor in cmud. I can't copy/paste it directly into the trigger window or something, so that problem is still there.
Though I can copy from pastebin to editor, and then from editor to my trigger window.

Now, I can't copy/paste from the raw paste data window at pastebin to the editor within cmud, which worked from the other window. I mean, I have never seen anything like this before.
I have also been coding a lot because of school and never seen anything like this. First time, from what I can remember, is with cmud.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:32 am   

Have you tried using the notepad editor within CMUD?
ctrl + shift + enter

As far as a workaround for making new triggers, take a look at the pattern tab, the drop down arrow by the text line will give you recent lines from the mud.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:11 am   

That was the editor I was talking about before.
Also seems to be a few problems with the text inside the buttons not aligning properly. Something also seems off from the last time I used cmud on windows 8.
Something about the layout. Might take a few pictures of it just in case.

Other than that it seems to work fine, no problems with any kind of crashes or strange behaviour(except the past problem).
Space_Pilot
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:51 am   

Ok, I just tried mushclient and I have the same problem there. I can copy/paste from mushclient to my browser, but I can't do anything within mushclient.
This is a problem with my computer, not sure what to be honest. But I guess one can close this thread.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:02 am   

Thanks for the heads up.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:34 pm   

Ok, I found the solution to this problem.
I am using the Antivirus program called Webroot that has something called "Identity protection".
When a program is denied access to this, it can't take data from the clipboard, hence why I couldn't copy/paste.

I allowed them and now it works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: