Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kurapiira
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:54 am   

help with #temp duration

setup:
Our mud lets you "adjust (item)" but it also is open ended, so if you adjust an item that is not there you get junk output
example: (when it is in your inventory) adjust abacus - you adjust a jade and silver belled abacus.
(when it is not in your inventory) adjust abacus - you adjust abacus

I am trying to make an alias called aa ... with a #temp trigger that first looks at the abacus, and if it is there, fires the adjust command, but if it is not there, does nothing.

Alias aa
Value: look abacus
#temp ( it looks like a jade and silver beaded teak pocket abacus.) {adj abac , moving the beads to calculate an amount}

what i am seeing is when i put the abacus in my pack and try the alias, it works ok and doesn't fire, but when i take it out,
and try it again, it fires on all the times i have tried the alias when the abacus was in my pack.

i think there is a way to set a duration for a temporary trigger? i have tried that and also making a variable flag to use , but my syntax or understanding is bad.

Thanks for any help or ideas,
Kura
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:06 pm   

I think you just need to add an ID to your #TEMP trigger.
That way you can only ever have one instance hanging over your head waiting to fire.

#TEMP "abacus" {it looks like a jade and silver beaded teak pocket abacus.} {adj abac , moving the beads to calculate an amount}
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:08 pm   

You can also replace your 'aa' alias with a Command Input trigger. Then you make your temporary trigger a sub state with a duration. It would look something likes this:
#ONINPUT {^aa$} {look abacus}
#COND {it looks like a jade and silver beaded teak pocket abacus.} {adj abac , moving the beads to calculate an amount} {duration|param=2000}
Kurapiira
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 am   

thanks for the help :)
the ID did the trick !

K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: