Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
blarg
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:18 pm   

Help with capturing and parsing a msdp variable

First of all, I'm a novice. I have a lot of msdp-related stuff working on cmud, but there's one that's giving me a lot of problems.
One of the msdp variables coming in contains multiple lines and I'd like to write it to a window. Here's a basic look at the type of thing that's coming in:

Code:

\n\r( )==========================================================================( )\n\r
 |                                                                            |\n\r
 |                                                                            |\n\r
( )--------------------------------------------------------------------------( )\n\r

The number of lines sometimes changes, but I can't get it to work even in a scenario where the lines is constantly 18. I've tried a few different things, with the pattern as SCROLL (.*) and the one in the code below. There's probably a much better way to go about it. Any help would be appreciated.
Code:
<trigger type="Telnet" param="69" priority="14520" regex="true" newline="false" prompt="true" enabled="false" id="506">
  <pattern>SCROLL(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]+(.*)[\n\r]</pattern>
  <value>parseddesc.1 = %1
parseddesc.2 = %2
parseddesc.3 = %3
parseddesc.4 = %4
parseddesc.5 = %5
parseddesc.6 = %6
parseddesc.7 = %7
parseddesc.8 = %8
parseddesc.9 = %9
parseddesc.10 = %10
parseddesc.11 = %11
parseddesc.12 = %12
parseddesc.13 = %13
parseddesc.14 = %14
parseddesc.15 = %15
parseddesc.16 = %16
parseddesc.17 = %17
parseddesc.18 = %18

#clr scroll

#window scroll {%crlf @parseddesc.1 %crlf @parseddesc.2 %crlf @parseddesc.3 %crlf @parseddesc.4 %crlf @parseddesc.5 %crlf @parseddesc.6 %crlf @parseddesc.7 %crlf @parseddesc.8 %crlf @parseddesc.9 %crlf @parseddesc.10 %crlf @parseddesc.11 %crlf @parseddesc.12 %crlf @parseddesc.13 %crlf @parseddesc.14 @parseddesc.15 %crlf @parseddesc.16 %crlf @parseddesc.17 %crlf @parseddesc.18}</value>
</trigger>
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 pm   

You could make use of a #STWIN object to hold the data, which is displayed in the status window.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 pm   

This should work, but I didn't test the subregex.
Code:
<trigger type="Telnet" param="69" priority="14520" regex="true" newline="false" prompt="true" enabled="false" id="506">
  <pattern>SCROLL(.*)</pattern>
  <value>parsedesc=%subregex(%1,"([^\n\r]*)(?:(\n\r)|\Z)","""\1""(?(2)\|)")
#CLR scroll
#WINDOW scroll {%1}</value>
</trigger>
blarg
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:52 pm   

Thanks for the quick replies. I tried the xml trigger, but all I get in the window and assigned to parsedesc is an upsidedown L in quotes
blarg
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:53 pm   

I had the mud remove the leading \n\r from the variable so it's coming in like this:

Code:
( )==========================================================================( )\n\r
( )--------------------------------------------------------------------------( )\n\r

now I get this assigned to the parsedesc variable, but there's a character that looks like an upside down L at the beginning of the line:

Code:
"( )==========================================================================( )"

It looks like it's still not handling the \n\r that are coming in properly. Any ideas?
blarg
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:15 pm   

By the way, I tried holding the data with #STWIN like shalimar suggested, but no dice. It seems like a really simple problem and I just can't figure it out.

I also tried modifying what Vijilante suggested but nothing I try works.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:24 am   

In order to figure this out you will have to try simpler and simpler things. Let's start with this:
Code:
  <pattern>SCROLL(.*)</pattern>
  <value>parsedesc=%1
#CLR scroll
</trigger>
Does that put that correct information into the window and into the variable? Can you use the #DEBUGFILE command to capture the data packets containing the data you want to parse? It would help me to clearly see the data that comes in and might allow me to test different triggers.
blarg
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:02 am   

I'm just getting the upside L in the window and assigned to parsedesc but I'm getting something that looks nicer in #DEBUGFILE

Code:
07/19/15 18:59:30:029 : <IAC><SB><69><1>SCROLL<2><LF><CR>
( )==========================================================================( )<LF><CR>
 |                                                                            |<LF><CR>
 |                                                                            |<LF><CR>
 |       -                  -                   -                  -          |<LF><CR>
( )--------------------------------------------------------------------------( )<LF><CR>
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 am   

I'm guessing that the character you're seeing in the window is the ASCII control character <2>, and the reason you haven't been seeing the other lines is because . doesn't match newlines by default. Try this perhaps?

Code:
  <pattern>(?s)SCROLL\x02(.*)</pattern>
  <value>parsedesc=%1
#CLR scroll
</trigger>
blarg
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 pm   

That's exactly what I needed, Daern. Thank you. It's working perfectly now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: