Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oolong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:03 pm   

help convert sql code from Cmud2 to Cmud3

I have a script made in Cmud2.37, Now in Cmud3.
The map type has been change to .dbm. So I need update the script to work well.

My target is to know the details roomnum list around room 100, the range is 3. below is the code made in Cmud2. anyone can help me?

//
$job_search_list=100
$job_range=3
//

#var rs ""
#VAR rs %comcreate( "ADODB.Recordset")
$connStr=""
$sql=""
$ConnStr=%concat("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=.\Mymud.mdb")
$loopnum=""
#loop 1,$job_range {
$loopnum=1
#loop 1,%numitems($job_search_list) {
$Sql=%concat("SELECT ToID from ExitTbl where FromID = ",%item($job_search_list,$loopnum))
#CALL @rs.Open($Sql,$ConnStr)
#CALL @RS.MoveFirst
#WHILE (not @RS.eof) {
$j=""
$j=@rs.fields(0).value
#if (%roomcost($j)<10000) {#additem $job_search_list $j}
#CALL @RS.MoveNext
}
$loopnum=$loopnum+1
#CALL @RS.close
}
}
$ConnStr=""
#var rs ""
$Sql=""
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:48 pm   

Running sql queries directly on the mapper database is generally a bad idea. Isn't this just reimplementing the %roomlink function?
oolong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:25 pm   

Daern wrote:
Running sql queries directly on the mapper database is generally a bad idea. Isn't this just reimplementing the %roomlink function?

%roomlink can not work in this caseļ¼Œbecause i did not know the direction of target rooms
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:43 pm   

Something like this then?

Code:
#forall %roomexit() {#if (%roomlink(, %i) = $targetroom) {#show direction of target room is %i}}
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:36 am   

CMudv3 gives a series of commands to perform SQL queries. See the SQL Scripting page for information about these features. That will take care of your connection issue.

Your query could be improved to recognize one-way exits that lead to your starting room. Something like this might work for what you want:
Code:
$Sql=%concat("SELECT DISTINCT o.ObjId FROM ObjectTbl AS o, ExitTbl WHERE ((ToID=o.ObjId) AND (FromID=",$firstroom,")) OR ((FromID=o.ObjId) AND (ToID=",$firstroom,"))")
Then you would loop over the rows much as you do now to build a list, but in the end you want the list to be comma separated (use either %replace or %expandlist) so that you can use this query for the next level:
Code:
$Sql=%concat("SELECT DISTINCT o.ObjId FROM ObjectTbl AS o, ExitTbl WHERE ((ToID=o.ObjId) AND (FromID IN """,$listvar,""")) OR ((FromID=o.ObjId) AND (ToID=""",$listvar,"""))")
You can use that same format with your next list for the 3rd level.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 am   

As I said though, running sql queries on the mapper database is generally a bad idea. It will not always be reliable as the database is loaded into memory once and changes are not written to the copy on disk until the session is saved. Using the various room and exit functions will always be reliable, and I've found there's very little you can't do with them. If you have CMUDPro, you also have access to the extended zMapper COM interface functions, which gives you even more functionality built-in without ever needing to look at the mapper database.

Last edited by Daern on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:34 am   

Daern, your statements were generally true. The increasing number of instances when users sought to query the map database directly was part of the reason Zugg put in more direct SQL access. When you use the SQL commands and functions on the SQL Scripting page CMud should recognize that it is the same data source. Queries for information should always match the most current data. Using SQL updates should be matched by subsequent mapping functions. What is explicitly excluded is map display updates. CMud is not going to take the time to figure out if it needs to update the display from a potentially unrelated SQL statement.

The file commit rate is also selectable by implementors, and Zugg always wanted to ensure that user data was preserved. CMud has a very fast commit rate.

I don't recommend updating the map directly, but queries for information have proven very safe even when the queries went through a separate COM engine.
oolong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 am   

Vijilante,thanks. I am a basic user for cmudv3, it seams cannot select the .dbm files within the other files. code like this.
#SQLDB ./mud1/muds.db
anyway, now I output the database to a user datarecord variable, so I no need sql now.

I am confused about the other different between CMUDv3 and CMUDv2.
when I save the door string to path (only door string set as %2)

if there is a door name: push door

in CMUD2 path, e(push door;e)e
in CMUD3 path, e(%2;e)e
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 am   

Glad you figured out something for the first issue.

The second issue sounds like a bug. I use the %walk function extensively in my scripts and it does not display that sort of behavior. All I can suggest is that you develop a method using %walk.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:09 pm   

For the door problem see my reply in this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: