Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gamblejay
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:10 am   

Stealing Triggers

So I've been tinkering around with this for a while and could never get it to work like I wanted, probably because it's going to take more then a few simple triggers. What I am trying to do is make an alias followed by triggers so when I type the command it begins to steal all coins and arrows from quivers of elves in the room. Heres where I get stuck, sometimes you fail to steal and I would like to be able to steal again from that same elf until it succeeds and then move to the next one. A 2 second wait between stealing and the same for arrows which are in quivers. 'steal arrows from quiver of elf'. Not sure what all information is needed but I will send all messages I get when doing or attempting to steal. All the short descriptions for the NPC's are different though sometimes you will get two of the same in a room. Some elves dont carry quivers and there are normally three elves in a room, though one does have four and two others only two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Room with NPC's

A long-legged brown-haired male elf testing his bow, a slim brown-haired female elf and a watchful long-haired male elf.

Stealing coins

You managed to steal 15 gold coins

You fail to steal many silver coins from the watchful long-haired male elf.

You don't see any coins to steal from the long-legged brown-haired male elf.

Stealing Arrows

You managed to steal 24 white-feathered arrows from the noble brown-haired male elf.

You fail to steal 12 leaf-headed arrows from the solemn brown-eyed male elf.

You don't see any arrows to steal from the long-legged brown-haired male elf. (Message for when an elf has a quiver but no more arrows in it)

You don't see any quiver being carried by the tall blond-haired male elf to steal from.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:45 am   

This is actually fairly simple. You only need an alarm and a trigger in a class. Your trigger that detects and counts the elves would issue a command to steal coins and turn on the subclass. The alarm in the subclass will issue the same steal command on a 2 second interval. You trigger off the You don't see generally to advance from coins to arrows or from arrows to coins on the next elf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: