Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rustry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:45 pm   

Some CMud problems

Hi All. I just decided to do some mudding again after a very long time. Of course my system is now windows 7, so I bought and installed cmud. All seemed well at first but now some problems:
1. I am almost certain that speedwalking by double clicking a destination room worked when I first tried it, but now it fails. It sends a single number to the mud, like 4 or 6, and the muc says "huh". I have reviewed all the changes in settings that I think I played with but cannot find anything to affect this. Anyone have any idea?

2. In zMud I used the page up and page down keys to move up/down. That did not work with cMud until I checked a box to allow any key to be a macro. Then it works but every time I press the up or down key the command is sent to the mud three times. I also noticed some of my other macros also send the commands 3 times, but not the normal compass directions. I hope these problems are ones that have already been seen and solved. Can anyone help.

Thanks, Rustry
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:13 pm   

1. there is a setting inside the mapper configuration that toggles this
but honestly, it sounds like a corrupted map file, or that you have misnamed exits

not sure on 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:41 am   

Thx Shalimar. I found the way to solve #2, there are two check boxes in options, user interface that need to be set. 'Allow any key to be a macro', and 'Macros override menu shortcuts'. Override was the trick to get the up/down key to only send the command one time.

I still cannot solve my first issue. I completely rebuilt mapping for the path of the the speedwalk I am attempting, yet the same problem exists. When I doubleclick only a number is sent to the mud, not any movement commands.

Do you (or anyone else) have any more ideas on that?

Thanks, Rustry
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:04 pm   

Personally i always disable the double click cause i don't like accidently running off somewhere.
Do you get the same issue when using the #WALK command?
Does the number correlate with how many rooms away you are trying to move?
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:47 am   

Sounds like your directions are messed up. You can look through them by turning on show default packages and directions in the view menu in the package editor, but the easiest fix is probably just to close CMUD, delete the EnglishDirections.pkg file, then redownload it through the package library.
Rustry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:20 am   

Hello Daern. That sounds like what I need to do but I was unable to do it. I click the settings button and open package editor. At top right I select "English directions". Then selecting "Directions" in left pane show a list of directions. Each direction is preceded by a double quote mark and a character that looks like a rifle sight (cross with circle around it). Then the directions are a single letter for each of d, e, n, s, u, and w (that seems strange). I found packages in my file system under Program Files (x86)\Cmud\Packages. I removed "English Directions.pkg", but it does not make any difference in the package editor, the above directions are still shown. Then I click the button to the right of the package selection drop down to show properties. Then I click the button at the bottom that says "View in Package Library". In the library I click to Get latest version, and then to install package. No errors and it looks like it worked, but there is no difference at all in the way things work and the package file is not replaced in the packages folder. The keyboard directions still all work, and double click on the map still results in only a number being sent. The number sometimes seems to indicate how many rooms to move, but only when the rooms are all in the same direction. If multiple directions are involved then the number shown seems to have no relation to the commands that should have been issued. The keypad directions all work correctly, and I should repeat that I can see no difference whether or not English Directions.pkg is in the cMud\Packages folder.

Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks, Rustry
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: