Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Zugg Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:36 pm
What is your favorite feature in CMUD?
Gorre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:04 pm   

Cmud is obsolete until a chat interface in enabled. From a current pole of people who mud constantly. Less then 1% use a mapper.

Key items Import/Export of scripting/translation. CHAT. Speed of interface.

I grow so wearly of this mapper stuff. I hate seeing a good product go under. Its a shame
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 pm   

I feel a new confidence from CMud scripting. ZMud is something of a terrific wild thing. What I love is the ability to try to code anything I want, though I had to learn ZMud in ZScript to do that. Now I just have to learn ZScript and perhaps other languages if I wish.

The editor 'feels' stronger for some reason, like clicking in that is only a click, where in ZMud clicking in the editor seemed to have it's own edge. The CMud editor tells me line numbers when I fail. I like that.

Modules are fun, all this is new, but I am already more fond of CMud.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 am   

Wow, contrary to Gorres note, I thouroughly enjoy the mapper. I couldn't mud without it! It is probably the most usefull consistent feature I use when mudding. Second to it would be to echo what Leita has indicated above, in that I also enjoy the absolute flexibility built into CMUD. Seems you can do just about anything with it.
kinnoinen
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:52 am   

Cmud has lots of wonderful features, maybe even too much, since there are still many stability issues that haven't been resolved. Cmud would easily be the best mud client ever made by a mile if it was stable. Well it still is the best, but with a smaller margin. :P
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm   

Perhaps you could post in the main forum about what "many stability issues that haven't been resolved". The latest versions of CMUD are very stable for most people and it's possible you are having troubles with issues that haven't been reported so they can be reproduced and fixed.
daemoan.vermillious
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:32 pm   Variables Triggers Aliases Oh My!

I Love CMUD In Full, In fact With All The brains Available in the Forums. I believe there is nothin that you cant do with cmud, short of navigating a space ship.
hell you could prolly even do that

my very favorite feature tho is :

The Staff and Non Staff That Assist Mudders With Everyday Scripting Problems..... (VIA) Forums

Thanks To Everyone,

Anyone CAn Do Anything....
richarddnn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:41 pm   

I've been using Cmud with Achaea for a couple of years, it works fine. The mapping works correctly if you set it up properly, but its set to improve when they start sending a room number soon.

Purling
two colour knitting
two color knitting
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:15 pm   

So many features..
The mapper is great, though it clutters up my package with room scripts that don't go with the map.
Local variarbles are great too, saves on clutter.
And the free-floating buttons are sweet, get to use up so mostly dead space on the scrollback buffer without making the edges so thick.
Loving the events as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 am   

VT100 support seems good in 2.37 and works well with the infobar on the mud I play. I have not tried the newest versions yet. Split screen is awesome. Spell checking, keypad movement. Sending the text from the editor to the mud you are connected to is nice. I like being able to #gag things. Laughing
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 am   

Mapper and ATCP, a winning combination.
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:44 am   

- add an extra scroll bar in package editor

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and some have already raised questions in the forum:

• errors associated with the "# wait and # t +" link
  • zone center button link
  • function pathcost link
  • error in the package editor associated with editing a long list (var type string list) link
  • killing the display frame% yesno / # yesno link
  • and the rest of the small facility in everyday life MUDs maniac;]
Stowslee
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:39 pm   

Favorite feature for CMud is the same as it was for ZMud, the customer support through the forums. The people here taught me everything I know about scripting, and continue to do so. The new help files are a lot easier to navigate as well.
Scarn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm   

#WAITFOR is amazing.
chrisdewet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 pm   

Pros- Everything said. Faster, smoother, cleaner. Less clunky. Wizard- Me loves the wizzard.

Con- When you copy and paste a complex code, if one line is faulty cmud deletes the whole thing. Bad bad bad.

Cons- No abillity to load plugins. I have a spinning timer .dll that i would like to load in cmud. But nothing i can find on the forum allows this???? Why. I mainly play wotmud
and being able to load only that spinningtimer.dll will make me the happiest person in the world.

Best thirty dollars ive ever spend. But fixe my dll and i will love yah forever.
clk4suport

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 am   agree

Hi,

i like it because mapping feature.
Belgarath

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 am   

It's definitely the Mapper for me. I also like the Package Library, because it provides easy scripts for new players to learn from.
pawnmower
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:09 pm   

I really love being able to save packages. I also REALLY love the mapper. This mapper is the 1st one that I have really gotten to work well, and I've been able to map around 10,000 rooms. I'm having a blast mudding , thanks to C-Mud.

I haven't checked out the package library but I think I will.

Also, I'd love to be able to save a 'session' named like 'mud' and have it save everything all in one file, and then be able to just export that session or like install that session onto a fresh copy of cmud...I tried to do this using a package and it ended up being a little tricky, although I'm sure it was user error.
fluka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 pm   

For me, the most important is cMUD support Chinese.
DAILITY

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:55 am   

Larkin wrote:
Packages. Makes it easier to modularize code for sharing between characters or with friends.

Events. I've been asking and praying for a long time that there was a way to do event-based scripting in my MUD client, and I'm thrilled to finally be taking advantage of this feature to decouple my scripts and make better "plugin" modules.

Speed. I agree with Vijilante on this one. Local Audacity Find My iPhone Origin variables, faster data record and string list variables, multithreading, and more makes my scripts run so much faster.

Priorities. We now have full control over what fires in what order, and this is especially important now that I'm modularizing my scripts more and more.

Scintilla. I've been using SciTE for a couple years now to edit all sorts of scripts, including zMUD and CMUD scripts, and I think it really improves the user-friendliness of CMUD's Package Editor.

Mapper. Mapper mapper mapper mapper mapper mapper mapper. In all the "which client should I pick" threads I've seen, mapper trumps all, and it really is that useful. A MUD client without a mapper is like a car without a GPS - you can get around, but you have to spend a lot of time planning your route and peering at tiny roads on maps to get somewhere, and god forbid you're trying to get somewhere you've never been before. Typing in "GL4 0PQ" is so much easier.
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:48 am   

The equipment database (populating rooms with items) worked fine in ZMUD. It does not work at all in cMUD.
wona12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 pm   

Larkin wrote:
Packages. Makes it easier to modularize code for sharing between characters or with friends.

Events. I've been asking and praying for a long time that there was a way to do event-based scripting in my MUD client, and I'm thrilled to finally be taking advantage of this feature to decouple my scripts and make better "plugin" modules.

Speed. I agree with Vijilante on this one. Local variables, faster data record and string list variables, multithreading, and more makes my scripts run so much faster.

Priorities. We now have full control over what fires in what order, and this is especially important now that I'm modularizing my scripts more and more.

Scintilla. I've been using SciTE for a couple years now to edit all sorts of scripts, including zMUD and CMUD scripts, and I think it really improves the user-friendliness of CMUD's Package Editor.
This will be a heavily moderated thread. What I'm looking for is a list of all of the "must-have" features of CMUD that you love. These are the features in CMUD that would keep you from ever going back to zMUD.
rinkymehra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:57 am   

A MUD client without a mapper is like a car without a GPS - you can get around, but you have to spend a lot of time planning your route and peering at tiny roads on maps to get somewhere, and god forbid you're trying to get somewhere you've never been before. Typing in "GL4 0PQ" is so much easier.
Hind24P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:13 pm   

Yeah, the automatic mapper tool is definitely the best thing on CMUD. Sure, it's the main function of the software and can't really be called a "feature", but man, I didn't know how badly I needed it in my life until I had it.
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:16 am   

Without a doubt, the ONLY thing that stops me going back is gmcp support. For me, that is the fundamental feature that is the most useful and clearly an improvement.

Everything else could be used in zMud. The database is borked beyond belief, the mapper configuration shits itself trying to decipher rooms when descriptions have more than one paragraph. All these things worked in zmud, they do not in this version...and, of course, the developer was alive back then to pitch in with support.
sainivedant41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 am   

I've been asking and praying for a long time that there was a way to do event-based scripting in my MUD client, and I'm thrilled to finally be taking advantage of this feature to decouple my scripts and make better "plugin" modules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: