Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ashur
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm   

Another Mapper Topic

I'm trying to set up the mapper and having some troubles. If I go to the Config menu and select 'New Configuration' or 'Reconfigure' and step through that, the mapper correctly places a room on the map with the appropriate links pre-drawn for each exit. However, as soon as I move to a new room, the mapper seems to forget how to draw the links for exits. It correctly draws that I have entered a new room, but does not show links for the obvious exits in the room.

Here's example output for a given room that I might enter:
Code:
An austere silver chamber.
There are two obvious exits: north and south.

Code:
Sea, shore is some distance away (white sandy beach).
There are nine obvious exits: north, south, east, west, northeast, southeast, northwest, southwest and down.

Code:
Surgery street.
There is one obvious exit: east.

I'm doing text wrapping with CMUD, and the room names are in 'short' mode, so they're also just a few words. The exit string could potentially reach the wrap limit and wrap, but from what I've seen, CMUD will still pick it up as a single line. I'm hoping the answer to what I'm missing is quite simple, but I'm stuck. Help is greatly appreciated.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 am   

It seems it doesn't understand the exits line.
There are (*) obvious exits as well as the strings for one and no exits is confusing the mapper. You may have to use a custom trigger to capture that line.
I have never tried it, but since the mapper works off triggers, in the configuration menu, try to enter a regex expression that will capture the exits, that may save you from having to code the exits parsing yourself.
The best way to custom configure the mapper is by using the offline option.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:37 pm   

Sorry for the long delay in response.

I do use the offline option for mapper configuration, but perhaps I misunderstand how the thing works. It looks like there still is no way to tell the mapper something like "line 2 is the exit lines, exits come after a :" or anything like that. If I'm missing something, let me know.

Otherwise, for custom mapping triggers, I would just need to trigger off of that exit line "There {(is|are)} * obvious exit*: (*)" and then split %1 and #TAG each one?
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:50 am   

As you cycle through the config dialog boxes you will reach one where the exit string is displayed. The field editable. I would try to enter that regex into that box and see if that works. If not then the cap triggers is the way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: