Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
salomar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:39 pm   

Two trigger questions

Hello,

I would like to have a trigger that triggers on 2 lines from the mud. I want a certain trigger to start when I hit a certain room, but this room name exits more often. I therefore want to trigger it when it has certain exits AND this room name. So, for example:

The Guild Room
[Exits: West North]

Putting this in the command line does not work: The Guild Room$[Exits: West North]

Secondly, I would like a trigger to run after a certain amount of time. I know this can be easily done with the alarm trigger setting *60 if you want to trigger it after 60 seconds. However, I want it to trigger somewhere between 60 and 90 seconds. It should just randomly choose this number, I don't really care which it picks. Do I have to make a variable with a list of all possible numbers or is there a quicker way in doing this?

TIA!
Petrograd
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:54 am   

The reason The Guild Room$[Exits: West North] as a trigger doesn't work is likely because [ and ] are special characters. You can try using

^The Guild Room$~[Exits: West North~]

...as your pattern. Make sure to check if there are any spaces after "Room" in the room title though, if there are you need to take that into account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: