Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Petrograd
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:30 am   

Problem opening Zmud map

I've done extensive mapping through Zmud's built in mapping tool.

After formatting and reinstalling my computer, I tried restarting Zmud from a backup copy of my Zmud folder.

It started fine, but when I try to open the map, I get a message that translates into:
The parameters are incorrect/invalid, are outside allowed range, or cause an internal conflict.

If I click 'OK', I'll get back to the "loading map.mdb" screen, but it remains stuck at about 10% loaded.

I use Windows XP with SP3 installed. Curiously I installed XP SP3 on another computer too shortly after, and that one is running Zmud with maps fine. I think I used a different XP CD that time though.

I haven't found any solutions to this problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Zmud (multiple times). I tried opening the map from the 'clean install', didn't work either.
I also tried deleting all maps (forcing it to start a new one), but that didn't help either.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:07 am   

Your mapfile is corrupt. Download the MapConvert utility from the Downloads section (I forget where it's listed, so if you don't see it in the ZMud section try the CMud section). This utility was originally made to allow zmud-format maps (used by ZMud and ZMapper) to be accessible to CMud, but you can also decorrupt a file into the same format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: