Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

xnomeda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 am   

License Key Retrieval

Its been over an hour since Ive retrieved my license key and I have yet to receive it in my email. Is it supposed to take this long? I have checked all my spam/trash folders as well and still nothing.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:16 pm   

It usually arrives instantly. Do you have multiple email accounts? If so, have you updated your email address with the store? The store will generally say, "License has been sent to originalemailaddress@whatever.com", even if you've updated it to "newemailaddress@newplace.com". It'll still go to the new email address, however.

Have you tried retrieving it again?
xnomeda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 pm   

After checking my account info, the email I have on file is correct. I still have yet to retrieve my license key, and when I try to retrieve again it gives me the "already retrieved" error.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 pm   

If you sent a support request to support@zuggsoft.com I'll be able to look into it. If you purchased via paypal, it is likely a glitch in their system that happens pretty regularly.
I won't know anything without your actual registered data.
Chiara
perhaps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 am   

I've had the same problem for a few weeks as well. I sent a support mail, but nothing came out of that either. I tried to retrieve a key yet again now, so we'll see if it comes through. This was no problem for years until now a few weeks ago.
perhaps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 am   

One day later, no code. I know that my email is correct and working. Any suggestions?
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 pm   

Handled in a separate thread. Codes should arrive within a few minutes. I've seen it take hours. If no code arrives within a day, email support. If you don't hear from support within 2 business days, try again. I'm pretty prompt at answering.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 pm   

1)make sure you're retrieving a new code for the correct product. V3 CMud is not the same as V3 CmudPro and neither are the same as their V2 counterparts. Lots of folk fail to realize they were trying to get a code for regular or pro when in fact they only bought the opposite (ie, bought regular and trying to get a pro license).

2)check your spam folders, both in your mail client (if you use one) as well as on the mail website. Might also be a good idea to take a look at any spam rules you've got set up, to see if any of the autodelete rules might be catching it.

3)try again later, and make sure you press the submit/okay button instead of accidentally clicking cancel/clear/forgetting to submit.

4)if it comes down to a support issue, keep sending email. Neither Zugg nor Chiara will even respond to such requests on the forums, and while historically both have been quite awesome with keeping up with customer support issues like this, this may have changed now that CMud is abandonware. If they happen to not respond, you're just out of luck.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:54 am   

Just because it isn't under development doesn't mean we stopped caring about our customers. Unless I'm sick or out of town, all support email is still handled promptly. If you don't hear from me in a 72 business hours, try again.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 am   

Chiara wrote:
doesn't mean we stopped caring about our customers

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with that one.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:20 pm   

CMUD is stable. The database is up and keys can be retrieved. We've automated the process to the best of our abilities. You can still contact me if there is a problem, and we still keep the website and forums up. You get a lot less than that from many companies that are still actively developing their products.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 pm   

Perhaps, but Zuggsoft stopped caring about their customers the day Zugg left for a year with no notice.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 pm   

I'm very sorry you feel that way. I can assure you that isn't true, but that won't change how you feel about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: