Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
stark62
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 am   

Extracting multiple info

OK been trying all sorts of stuff and nothing really works for me

What I am trying to do is this - I get this text

Pouch #1262 contains 133 batches of Acaana, 86 batches of Ajkara, 77 batches of Akmar, 75 batches of Athanzar, 237 batches of Blackroot, 71 batches of Bukandas.
Pouch #3564 contains 138 batches of Kelventari, 143 batches of Dynallca, 120 batches of Erasmus, 233 batches of Etarka, 157 batches of Exaar, 120 batches of Grelixar.
Pouch #6469 contains 2 batches of Quarri, 19 batches of Sata, 27 batches of Siriena, 94 batches of Tyrlar, 14 batches of Kathkusa, 5 batches of Wirren.

So what i want is each herb and quantity put into a stringlist or something eg listpouch

so then hopefully it will read like

Acaana 133
Ajkara 86
Akmar 75

I tried capturing using (%d) batches of (%w) but that doesnt get all of them for some reason - then tried to make

Pouch #(%d) contains (%d) batches of (%w), (%d) batches of (%w), (%d) batches of (%w), (%d) batches of (%w), (%d) batches of (%w), (%d) batches of (%w).

Hoped this might then capture each pouch full but does not seem to

ANY IDEAS ???????
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 pm   

{(%d) batches of (%w)}

should work if you check the repeat within line for the trigger... if not try something like...

#TR {Pouch ~#(%d) contains (*).} {
templist = %replace(%param(2), ",", "|")
#FORALL templist {
#NOOP %match(%i, "(%d) batches of (%w)", num, item)
#ADDITEM listPouch %concat(@item, " ", @num)
}}
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 pm   

Sorry whats the repeat within line - and where do i find it pls??
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 pm   

it should be in the more or advanced section of the trigger within the editor, normally its below the value textbox

what it does is allow the trigger to fire for each time it matches on a given line, instead of just the first match
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:09 pm   

Wrong forum, Shalimar. This is for ZMud, not CMud.

Quote:

I tried capturing using (%d) batches of (%w) but that doesnt get all of them for some reason

The reason for this is that ZMud only matches each trigger pattern once on a given line, and always in the broadest form of said pattern.

Your more explicit matching based on 6 different items in the contains list should have worked just fine, so either you made a mistake in the line being received or in the pattern you made from it. Of course, it will not match on lines with either less than 6 items or if the line contains an item that has only 1 batch instead of multiple batches.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 pm   

repeat within line was new for CMUD? coulda swore it was old school

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 am   

I just knew of this feature.
stark62
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:41 am   

Thanks Matt - got it to work but like you said it only works if the full pattern is correct.

Thanks anyway as if nothing else I am slowly picking up how things logically work.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 pm   

Hi, I gave a stab at this as it was close to what I am working on and gave me a chance to re-familiarize myself after taking a really long break.
There is probably many other ways to do this and it probably could be cleaned up and nested better.
Saying that, it does work, hope it helps

#TRIGGER {^Pouch ~#%d contains (*).} {#ADDI HH "%1";#VAR HH %replace( @HH, " batches of ", "-");#VAR HH %replace( @HH, ", ", "|");#var AH %numitems( @HH);#Loop @AH,1 {#SH %item( @HH, %i)};#VAR HH ""}

Which displays as thus:

Pouch #1262 contains 133 batches of Acaana, 86 batches of Ajkara, 77 batches of Akmar, 75 batches of Athanzar, 237 batches of Blackroot, 71 batches of Bukandas.
71-Bukandas
237-Blackroot
75-Athanzar
77-Akmar
86-Ajkara
133-Acaana
Pouch #3564 contains 138 batches of Kelventari, 143 batches of Dynallca, 120 batches of Erasmus, 233 batches of Etarka, 157 batches of Exaar, 120 batches of Grelixar.
120-Grelixar
157-Exaar
233-Etarka
120-Erasmus
143-Dynallca
138-Kelventari
Pouch #6469 contains 2 batches of Quarri, 19 batches of Sata, 27 batches of Siriena, 94 batches of Tyrlar, 14 batches of Kathkusa, 5 batches of Wirren.
5-Wirren
14-Kathkusa
94-Tyrlar
27-Siriena
19-Sata
2-Quarri
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: