Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kshoggi
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 am   

[Moved]How do I send a semi-colon to the mud?

Dunno what the protocol is on bumping old threads, but I also have a question about semi-colon parsing. How can I send a semi-colon to the mud (ie. not have it parsed as a command separator). I tried sending 2 semi-colons in a row, which worked in mushclient. Is there a general escape character? Thanks
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:18 am   

The default quote character in CMUD is the tilde. So, to send a semicolon to the MUD, type ~; .
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 am   

if you want to default a single character, precede it with a tilde or whatever your current quote character is. This gets pretty inconvenient if you have a whole lot of special characters to quote, however, so in that case you can use the backtick (`) as the first character on the command line.

In scripts you generally want to avoid multiple commands on one line in favor of the multiline format. It's easier to read, and there's no chance of CMud misinterpreting the line.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 am   

hogarius wrote:
The default quote character in CMUD is the tilde. So, to send a semicolon to the MUD, type ~; .
oh crap I'm using zmud. didnt notice this was on cmud forum. should i repost or will this get moved? In zmud, backtick and tilde arent working in sending the semi-colon
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: