Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:12 pm   

Need a web developer job? Work with Zugg!

Are you a hot-shot PHP programmer willing to relocate (or already live) in the Washington DC area? We need you!

I started working for Phase2 Technology last August and they are one of the best groups of people I've ever worked with. If you are a web developer who wants to work with other really smart people in a great environment and build important web sites that matter in the world, then I want to talk to you.

We are looking for web developers with the following skills:

1) PHP. Practical knowledge of PHP is a must. The more the better.
2) MySQL knowledge really helps.
3) If you also know the Drupal CMS, then we *really* want to talk to you
4) Other CMS and other programming skills are useful.
5) You need to be able to work well with a team.
6) You will need to work in the Alexandria Virginia office.

If you have the skills listed above, I'd love to work with you, so please email me your resume (zugg@zuggsoft.com).

P.S. One of the nice things about Phase2, is they actually value people who play MUDs and other video games. We love geeks!

Last edited by Zugg on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am   

Phase2 also has amazing benefits for families.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:38 pm   

Just bumping this.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 pm   

You're bumping a thread that's stickied? Anyone else find it strange that this thread is the only one Zugg and Chiara post to lately?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:23 pm   

Bumping it does cause it to get the "unread" tag, getting people to look at it again.

They warned that they would be busy for a while as they settle into the new job and (yet another) new home. Perhaps if the company can fill this position, Zugg's work will ease up a bit. :)
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:39 am   

An astonishing number of people ignore the sticky posts. Also, bumping it puts it back on top in the sidebar.

I only handle non-technical questions, like registration codes or invalid name errors, so I don't post to the forums very often at all. That doesn't mean I'm not here keeping an eye out.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 am   

That may be the case, but I still don't think that this is an appropriate place to be advertising for another company. Maybe it's just me.
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 am   

I don't indent to be mean, but indeed maybe it's just you.

This would be the first place to adevertise for a such a job.
Who wouldn't want to be job-mate with Zugg, if one meets the job description?
Imagine how much lobby one CMud-user job-mate can make to Zugg in order to add this or that to CMud? Wink
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 pm   

To me it isn't advertising for another company. Zugg posts about books and games he likes, programming frameworks that he finds useful, and other things that are suitable for the audience here, even if they aren't always MUD related. In this economy in the US there are so many who are looking for a new job, or ANY job. We know where there is a really good one (or more) that is suited to the skill base and personalities often found in zMUD users and their friends.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:28 am   

I've never seen him post such topics on the cmud forum. On his blog, maybe, and I have no problem with that. But phase2 has nothing to do with cmud.
Progonoi
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:46 pm   

Jesus, give it a rest already, will you? Way to ruin the Xmas spirits with your incessant whining about trivialities.

--------------------------------
Intel Core i5-650 3,2GHz
4 DD3 RAM
GTX 460 768MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64x
--------------------------------
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:06 pm   

It may be trivial, but it doesn't make it any less true.
Erasmus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:15 pm   

I'm with Daern on this one. The original post has absolutely nothing to do with cMud, and should be moved to Zugg's Blog, or a miscellaneous forum (assuming one exists).

I know it's Zugg's forum, and he can do whatever he wants, but it's only fair. Anyone else would have been given a slap across the knuckles with a ruler for making that post in this forum.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:05 am   

Stop complaining some people like me, thank people like zugg posting things like this, i would have applied myself but my current financial situation does not allow for a move across the country if i managed to get the job, but i do not check his blog all the time, or anything else, so it was posted in a spot where he knew people would see it, please stop griping, its here it was his choice now drop it
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:05 pm   

For the right candidate, relocation assistance may be available. I hope that won't stop anyone from applying.

And yes, it was posted here to get the maximum traffic.

I'm glad so many of you have good and stable jobs that let you have the freedom to comment on posting location rather than the content. Thanks for your comments, keeping the thread active increases the possibility that it will be seen by someone who needs it. Which in the long run helps Zugg.
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 am   

bump because zugg rules :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: