Play RetroMUD
raviden
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 pm   

Mapper question

Hey,

I've configured my mapper to look for exits after ==>, f.e:

"==> N E SW"

Now, when I try to map room that doesn't have visible exits (so no ==> line) mapper disagrees to proceed.
Do you have any idea how to prevent that?

Thanx, cheers.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:37 pm   

Post your room info. You didn't give us nearly enough to do anything but give such helpful advice as "Use #TAG", and the only logical next step for that would be for you to ask "Okay, but how do I do that?"
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:17 pm   

Room info:

^Room name.$
^Room exits line.$ (or this line doesn't exist if there is no visible room exits)
^> (prompt)

Examples:
This is dark room.
>

Inside big house.
You can go to the exit.
>

2. subbed
Inside big house.
==> exit
>

In the middle of village.
You can move towards north-east and east.
>

3. subbed
In the middle of village.
==> NE E
>

That's pretty much everything. I managed my config, so examples 2 & 3 work, but when i enter (on mapping mode) into room from example 1, mapper does not map.

I can't #TAG room name, because it is not different from any other sentence provided by MUD. Subbing my exits with ==> and including it into config is basicly like tagging those lines with #TAG exits.
Any ideas?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:21 pm   

Make a multistate trigger that starts on the movement command and accounts for every line from there to the next prompt. By starting at this point, you can guarantee the identification of the room name. From that point on, you just test each line for the exits line and the prompt. Anything else must be room description or whatever else you decided not to show in your "examples" (they weren't so good).

One trick I learned for stuff like this is to set variables to some default value and then fill them in along the way. Once I hit the prompt, I'd tag everything using those variables and if something didn't get set then those variables were already properly filled-in (by the way, don't let these variables stay blank as the blank value changes the behavior of the #TAG command).
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:49 pm   

Oh, i forgot about other lines. That are not relevant to mapping.

After exit line there is a line showing objects present in room. Next few lines could be lines explaining current ongoing combat.
So basicly what you want me to do, is make a trigger on movement command (what kind of trigger?) that tags 1 line as room name and second as exit if it's exit line. No idea how to recognize 'movement command' though, there is not always a one. I mean, if I'm creating map myself i'm sending for example "east", so how should i make trigger on that? Perhaps some #ONINPUT?

Example:

Big room.
You can leave this place, going east.
Big rat, small rat, Raviden.
Raviden is fighting against big rat, assisted by small rat.
>

Isn't there any easier way? A way to tell CMUD that if there is no exit line before propmpt, it shouldn't look for one and just assume that there are no visible exits?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:12 pm   

No, there isn't any other way. At the moment, if Cmud can't recognize a room name or exit line, it can't even tell that this is a room description unless you tell it so with #TAG. This is the problem you are seeing--Cmud doesn't even realize that you've moved. Cmud needs something that it can recognize as part of a room description. Without even the "==>", Cmud can't tell in your example 1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: