Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
n30b1u3dr4g0n
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:57 pm   

Gauges/Buttons/Triggers

First: (Gauges/Buttons)

I play Abandoned Realms and The Legends of Krynn....and I've only got the Beta version of zMud 7.05. I've been trying to get a gauge bar for hp, mana, and move at the bottom of my screen for both games, but to no avail. I've tried Lightbulbs way, and dskorren's way. Neither way seems to want to work. Is this because it's the Beta version....or am I not doing it the right way? If someone could please be kind enough to explain it to me like I'm a child, I'd be most appreciative.

Second: (Triggers)

If I set up a trigger for zMud using the "#TRIGGER/#TR" setup, how do I delete them? I can't find them in the "Triggers" menu. And the same goes for #ALIAS function as well....how do I delete them if I can't find them in the "Triggers" and/or "Alias" menus? Please help me.

The Jack@$$ n00b of zMud
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:53 am   

First, 7.05 is not a beta version, so it's not going to mess you up. In order to create a gauge, we need to know what variables you're using, or at least the MUD output that tells you the info that you're trying to gauge. Personally, I'm horrible at creating buttons from the command line, but you can create them and tweak them to your preference through the Settings Editor.

Second, you find your settings (triggers, aliases, macros, etc) in the Settings Editor. Assuming you didn't turn the buttons off across the top of the screen via Preferences, you can open the Settings editor by hitting the Settings button at top. To go directly to triggers, hit that button, and only they will appear in the Settings Editor.

If you do not use the Settings Editor at all (at least one person I talk to doesn't), you can use the command #KILLALL to delete all settings, then re-input all the settings you want to use. Note that this does KILL ALL of your settings - only use if you have things backed up in Notepad or whatever.

I hope this helps.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:53 am   

#UNTRIGGER pattern
#UNALIAS alias
#UNVARIABLE variable

Those will delete triggers, aliases, and variables. See the Help files for more info on all the various #UN commands.

There's also the handy-dandy ALL button that will show ... wait for it ... ALL of your settings. In the Settings Editor, if you do have one of the settings buttons depressed and still can't see your triggers, then verify you are in the correct Class. You can also access all of the settings types using the Show menu.

Please provide more information about your gauge problem.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:09 pm   

well...umm ok..

First:

This is for The Legends of Krynn. My prompt that I have set up is as follows:

365/365 275/275 208/208(4980)St:0 G:103

the variables involved in the prompt are set up as follows:

%h/%H %m/%M %v/%V(%X)St:%g G:%s

naturally - h, m, and v all stand for hp, mana, move. The %X is the experience needed to gain for my next level. the %g is steel on person, %s is gold on person. I want to take:

%h/%H %m/%M %v/%V

and turn them into gauges. Both of these formats (i.e. the variables for prompt input) work the same on both muds, so...if someone could help me make just the set for LoK, I can make the set for Abandoned Realms.

Second:

Thank you for the trigger help. I went ahead and killed everything. I didn't have a whole lot of stuff set up anyway. Thanks again!

The Jack@$$ zMud n00b.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:55 pm   

I suck at command lines too, but using the settings editor, this is applicable...

365/365 275/275 208/208 is what you want to capture is what I'm reading.. assuming things haven't changed too much between v6 and v7 (not sure right atm, I'm not at home), you should be able to do a

Code:
(&hp)~/(&Maxhp) (&mp)~/(&Maxmp) (&move)~/(&Maxmove)

for the Trigger itself, and assuming this still works, the value can just remain blank.

Then you just create the buttons, and set the type to 'Gauge', and using the Gauge tab for each button you would use the @hp for Value, and @MaxHP for Guage Max, and similar for MP and Move
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:35 pm   

Backu, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get me to input, and where I need to input it. Could you please go into a little bit more detail, please.
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:29 am   

Enter this at the command line and hit enter
#TR {&%d{hp}~/&%d{Maxhp} &%d{mp}~/&%d{Maxmp} &%d{move}~/&%d{Maxmove}} {} "" {prompt|nocr}
#BUTTON 44 {Hitpoints} {} {} {} {@hp} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {} {} {} {3200} {} {Gauge||7|@maxhp||7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 45 {MP} {} {} {} {@mp} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {} {} {} {3200} {} {Gauge||7|@maxmp||7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 46 {Move} {} {} {} {@move} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {} {} {} {3200} {} {Gauge||7|@maxmove||7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
n30b1u3dr4g0n
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:06 pm   

Nexela,

Well...umm...okie. I typed:

================================================================================================
#TR {&%d{hp}~/&%d{Maxhp} &%d{mp}~/&%d{Maxmp} &%d{move}~/&%d{Maxmove}} {} "" {prompt|nocr}
#BUTTON 44 {Hitpoints} {} {} {} {@hp} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {} {} {} {3200} {} {Gauge||7|@maxhp||7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 45 {MP} {} {} {} {@mp} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {} {} {} {3200} {} {Gauge||7|@maxmp||7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 46 {Move} {} {} {} {@move} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {} {} {} {3200} {} {Gauge||7|@maxmove||7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
================================================================================================

into my command line just like I was told to....and the buttons got placed....but...they were set at the default black colour. So I moved them to the bottom of my screen and tried to change the colours, but when I changed the gauge color and low color...I tried to save and got this message....

"Access violaton at address 0053F572 in module 'Zmud.exe'. Read of address 00000000."

for my hitpoints mana AND movement.....am I doing something wrong...or will that trigger not work for zMud 7.05 trial version....?
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:31 am   

The trial version has NO limitations other then 30 day period.

I have had this pop up on me once or twice before but I can't pin it down yet.
Make sure your settings are backed up and just ignore it the gauge and all settings should still work as normal.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:55 pm   

The #BUTTON command doesn't seem to work well for gauge buttons. I recommend making your gauges in the Settings Editor.

Here's the procedure:
1. Use the Buttons button to open the Settings Editor. If you already have it open, use the Show menu to select Buttons.
2. Create a new button by clicking the New button.
3. Enter the button's name in the Caption field. HP
4. Set the button's Kind to Gauge.
5. Go to the Gauge tab.
6. Enter the formula/value which controls the gauge in the Value field. @hp
7. Enter the formula/value which tells when the gauge should be full in the Gauge Max field. @Maxhp
8. Enter the formula/value which controls when the gauge should change colors in the Gauge Low field. @Maxhp/4
9. Click the Gauge Color box and select a color or use the default. bright blue
10. You can also change the Low color and Background color if you want, but the default values work well.
11. If you don't like the size or position of the gauge, go to the Position/Size tab and adjust the values.
12. Save, of course.
Repeat for mana and move, but change the Caption and variables.

If you prefer command-line entry, use the #GAUGE command rather than the #BUTTON command. You may want to resize these, that should be done in the Settings Editor after they are made.
Code:
#GAUGE HP HP {@hp} {@Maxhp} {@Maxhp/4} {} {high,blue} {high,red} {gray}
#GAUGE Mana Mana {@mp} {@Maxmp} {@Maxmp/4} {} {high,blue} {high,red} {gray}
#GAUGE Move Move {@move} {@Maxmove} {@Maxmove/4} {} {high,blue} {high,red} {gray}

Quote:
I've tried Lightbulbs way, and dskorren's way

It would have been more useful if you'd said what those ways were. Mine is probably the Settings Editor method I just outlined here.

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
n30b1u3dr4g0n
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:44 pm   

Ok.....I've done it your code line way, Lightbulb, and the gauges don't rise and fall. But what I'm wondering is if they are supposed to change colour after my hp/mana/move get to a certain point...I don't know....but, they came up, and they are all sitting at blue, but none of them are moving. I've checked the helpfiles and it doesn't seem to be anything in the code, so, like I said, is it supposed to change /after/ my stats get down to a certain point or...what...

The Jack@$$ zMud n00b....*sigh*
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:29 pm   

if the gauges aren't moving at all, make sure that the Guage max is set to a Number or a @Var, and that the Variable for the max has a Positive integer and nothing else.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:08 pm   

It seems likely, based on other topics, that you aren't using @ as your variable symbol. If that's the case, you need to change the @ to whatever you are using.

n30b1u3dr4g0n
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:52 pm   

Lightbulb, and others, even after I turned my @ symbol back on, the gauges aren't moving at all. I don't understand it. Shoudln't they move? The only thing I did to the gauge code that you wrote out was just...change the colours. I like my hp to be dark and high cyan, my mana to be dark red and bright bred, and my move to be dark green and bright green. And that's all I changed in your code...but now it's still not working and I have turned my @ symbol back on. I went and checked the other special characters and they are all checked and working right...What am I doing wrong?

The Jack@$$ zMud n00b.....
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:25 pm   

Does the script work correctly without changes?

What are the exact changes you made? (the exact lines entered)

There is no dark red or bright red, those aren't recognized color names. The correct names are red and high,red. This also applies to cyan and green.

Do the variable names match the variable names you're actually using?

n30b1u3dr4g0n
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:17 pm   

Well, I clicked on the "Buttons" button to change their colours. And....if the problem is that I haven't set up variables...then that's probably my problem. Because even before the changes, they wouldn't move at all. When you say set up variable...how do I do that? Do I have to input a trigger that'll capture what I want the variables to read and then create the buttons using the variables captured from the trigger...?
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:25 am   

Yes, if you want gauges to do anything you must have a trigger which captures the information for them. I assumed you were using one of the prompt triggers from earlier posts and chose variable names to match.
Code:

If you changed the colors from the Settings Editor, then that shouldn't be a problem.

n30b1u3dr4g0n
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:01 am   

COOL! It's finally working. Thanks everyone for all your help!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:27 pm   

I am terribly sorry but I am having the same issue with the gauges not moving, I used the #TR {&%d{hp}~/&%d{Maxhp} &%d{mp}~/&%d{Maxmp} &%d{move}~/&%d{Maxmove}} {} "" {prompt|nocr} but it is still not allowing the gauges to move. I am not sure if there is a way to link the trigger to the gauge that I am just not getting or if it should just associate to it. Sorry if this should be obvious.
fateit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:50 pm   

Any luck on this, I've followed all of the steps listed herein and none of them worked for me, I have an odd assortment of buttons
that do not work now.
fateit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:24 am   

this is my prompt I could have an issue with my trigger that gathers the info....

[H:1679/1681 M:30/30 V:657/657 G:2536270]-HIS-Y>39/36:129
<-1000 P:standing TL:217498493 T:none C:none]39/36
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: