Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Voidoloth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm   

Help with a odd trigger

I have been using Cmud for a long time and a while back a odd trigger popped up, it triggers off of "You" and replaces it with "Come" which grows a bit annoying when everytime come read some text come is replace with come till come want to hurt comeself and beat comer computer to death.

Anyway, I tried deleteing it, which worked fine for a few hours then it reappeared, I then renamed it, change what it did, and a few dozen other way of attempting to get rid of it. I've Disabled the entire package and that fixes it but I can't find what is causing it. I have looked though every trigger, and ever alias ...line by line looking for anything that would create a trigger and just can't find it. I can't delete it cause it keeps coming back and I'm sorta a lose as I've been debugging this for almost a month down off and on, I upgraded Cmud and reinstalled thinking something might of been corrupted or messed up and it did not help, I have reached the end of my rope so I came here for ideas how to fix this or debug it.

what would be awesom would be a way of seeing what is creating the trigger. I also tried moving the trigger to other folders and it just creates a new one in the base package.

3.33a is my version by the way
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm   

Have you tried to open the package editor, clicking over on the tree view and using the find feature (CTRL+F)? Enter the word come and every setting that contains that word will be displayed which should help you narrow down the search.
CMUD 3.34
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 am   

It is also possible that this is due to a corrupted package. In that case, will need to export the code, and remake the package with the exported code.

Another possibility is that you might have a trigger which is _creating_ this trigger for some reason. Fizgar's trick should catch that, if that's the case.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:19 pm   

It sounds like something in your script is re-creating the trigger. I would check for where you use the #SUB commands. You can try disabling your triggers one by one to find which one is causing it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:57 am   

This is the trigger that I keep deleting and keeps coming back
<trigger priority="11350" id="1135">
<pattern>You</pattern>
<value>#sub {come}</value>
</trigger>
I deleted it and then a bit latter this came up...
<trigger priority="11360" id="1136">
<pattern>You</pattern>
<value>#sub {come}</value>
</trigger>

how do you even create a trigger with another trigger? #temp would not make a actual trigger would it?
My problem is not finding the trigger that is doing the #Sub

I don't think I have any other triggers that create triggers so if I knew the command that makes triggers I could search for it.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:59 am   

#TRIGGER creates triggers, but so does #TEMP. Remember that if you're somehow creating triggers you don't intend, they may not fire which means, regardless of being "temporary" they will stick around. However, a pattern like "You" is likely to fire quite often so unless it's creating the trigger a lot it's probably not a #TEMP trigger.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 am   

charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:12 am   

All you have to do is search for the word come. That's it. If you find it, great. If not, then we have another problem. But it would be appreciated if you did follow what was asked of you so we could rule out everything one by one. :)

It's easy to create a trigger with another trigger. Truthfully, it doesn't even have to be a trigger. It could be anything; a macro, an alias, etc.
Voidoloth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am   

Ok, was logging off and nodiced this...
----
You become visible once more.
come come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes.
come feel comer insides clench as comer soul is frozen.
come have played 1363 games.
----
A bit debugging latter got this
----
You become visible once more.
You come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes.
come feel comer insides clench as comer soul is frozen.
come have played 1365 games.
by the way, thank you for the help thus far
----
I noted the triggers do have sub
<trigger priority="3360" id="97">
<pattern>You come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes.</pattern>
<value>#SUB You come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes. (Weave Blur)</value>
</trigger>

----
so...I put "s around it and it seams to have fixed it when I log out...so I think i've found the probem

You come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes. (Weave Blur)
You become visible once more. (Weave invisibility)
You feel your insides clench as your soul is frozen.
You have played 1366 games.

Thank you again for all the help! I see what you where asking me to do now, was sorta confused. if it pops back up I'll be back more confused then ever. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: