Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 am   

How to keep Map location accurate with hard exit

Hey All,

When slow walking, what would be the strategy for keeping your location accurate when the exit only works 20% of the time. I created a room trigger that would keep trying to exit when the failure message occurs, but then when I finally get to the next room even though the room is #TAGed and then #OKed the room location isn't updated unless I TAG and OK it again.

Thanks!

Robert
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 am   

Are you using #NODIR when you fail to move? To keep the mapper up-to-date on your movement status.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:44 pm   

#NODIR worked great. :) I made a room trigger that did #NODIR and the resent the direction and everything was good. :)

Thanks Shalimar!
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 pm   

So I figured out that the #NODIR was only working if the next room was the end of the walk. What #NODIR did was remove the next direction in the walk, not leave that direction in the walk queue. The reason the room wasn't updated in my first attempt at just repeating the direction was because the slow walk timed out. If I changed it so that slow walks never abort due to timeout, just sending the direction again works, although the room script needs to be the next room as CMud assumes you want the script for the next room activated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: