Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 pm   

Latest Cmud Release Download Page Confusion?

This is not a bug but more of a simple issue with usability I suppose because it could be confusing to users.

Under the description for Cmud v3 it shows:

Quote:
The latest BETA version of CMUD...

But under version it shows:

Quote:
3.31 (Public version)

I think some people are getting confused when trying to download the latest public version, or at least the ones I try to tell about Cmud. The old 2.37 public is still listed under Cmud downloads also. When I tell them they can download the latest public version it might get confusing when it is still showing it is a beta version?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 am   

I editted both the 2.37 and 3.31 descriptions. It should make it a little clearer. The 2.37 version has to stay around; but maybe Zugg can make it move to the bottom of the page, or place it in a seperate group.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:18 am   

Vijilante wrote:
The 2.37 version has to stay around; but maybe Zugg can make it move to the bottom of the page, or place it in a seperate group.

Another solution is to change the default sort order. Currently it sorts by downloads but it could be changed to sort by date. It seems date sorting has some bug though because it doesn't put the items in the proper order Confused.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:11 pm   

I did some cleanup of the download area. Removed a bunch of old zApp files that were stickied. And set the default Download sort order to Date instead of Download count and then fixed some internal dates.

The Date field shown in the list is the "Date last updated". The Sort Date is the "Date created" which isn't actually displayed anywhere. That's why the date order looked weird. What was annoying is that changing the Sticky flag to false caused the zApp files "last updated" field to be set to today's date, so I had to go into the database and manually put the dates back to their correct values.

I think it's all better now. Thanks for pointing out the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: