Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 pm   

[2.34] No way to paste into the terminal using character mode

In character mode, there doesn't seem to be a direct way of pasting the clipboard into the terminal (i.e. send it).
Yes, you can use the command line or the editor, but I like the way (or, at least, I am used to the way) in PuTTY you can just right-click on the screen and it will paste.
Ctrl-V doesn't appear to do anything, although it is actually sending <22> so I assume that's correct.
Edit, Paste does nothing at all.
Right-click on the screen does not produce any Paste option.

Note that the current ways of pasting are not ideal, because sometimes you want to paste without a carriage return.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:01 pm   

Well, Ctrl-V is certainly never going to paste since in Character mode all control keys are sent to the server.

Right-click brings up the customizeable menu and I'll consider adding a paste option when in character mode to that. But you can also add one yourself by creating a menu item like this:

#MENU Paste {#SENDRAW %clip}

or something like that.

I'll certainly make the Edit/Paste menu work properly in character mode and have added that to the bug list.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:59 am   

The new 2.36 version of TeSSH allows you to use the Edit/Paste menu command when in character mode.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:38 pm   

The v3.04 beta will also be adding Paste to the right-click menu in TeSSH and CMUD whenever you are in Telnet Character mode.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 am   

Recommend that Paste be available even when out of character mode, for that "standard windows" feel. Not that I really use the mouse much, but it's nice to have it there sometimes :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:43 pm   

Paste doesn't really make sense when not in character mode. In character mode, Paste will paste the clipboard to the server. When not in character mode, the screen is "read-only" so there is no way to paste into it. You can right-click on the command line and select Paste if that is what you want.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: