Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
HollyC
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:26 pm   

Noisy cMUD

I just upgraded to v3.30. I mainly play Achaea, although what is happening seems very much a cMUD issue.

The cMUD icon on my taskbar is colored yellow during normal play. Every couple of minutes it turns red and I hear the same sound that I hear whenever I log off. But I am not disconnected from the game, and after a couple of seconds the icon turns yellow again. Play is not disrupted for those couple of seconds in which the icon has turned red. Even if I enter a command just as I hear the sound, it goes through normally. I just keep hearing that "logout" sound over and over, ad nauseum, and it gets very grating.

Is this a known issue? I had no idea even how to do a search for such an issue. "Sound" and "logout" are pretty common words and would show up in dozens of unrelated-topic posts.

If this is not a known issue-- let it be known! *laugh*

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.

Holly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:44 pm   

Sounds like you have a window in your package that is not visible, and trying to connect.

Open the package editor and make sure each window that is not supposed to be connecting to the server, has No network connection selected in the advanced tab.
CMUD 3.34
HollyC
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 pm   

I don't know how a second window got there in the first place, but your solution fixed it. No more annoying logoff sounds, and the cMUD icon remains blue.

Thanks.

If I figure out how the second window was added to the connection, and how to remove it, I'll update this post.

Holly
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: