Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tonygks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:43 pm   

[3.30]Sequence of commands

How to abort subj? use before cmud v2+ and use macro with #stop command. At 3.30 can use ESCcape key, but need it on another key(. How to emulate it or abort sequence another way?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:41 pm   

What is subj? In the 3.x (and I believe 2.x line as well) the Esc key would abort background processes if they became errant. To abort a sequence of commands it really depends on how they commands are being sent.

If it's an alias running in another thread for example and you send #STOP from a trigger (or by pressing Esc) then that would abort the background threads.

Some other folks, needing more fine-grained control over this process, have gone as far as to implement a command queue. However, without a proper description of exactly what you're trying to accomplish, it's hard to recommend a good usage scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:53 pm   

4 example speedwalks - need macro and trigger 4 abort it if i see something wrong or danger. some times need interrupt spam commands( fe #10000 kill target).
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:32 pm   

For speedwalks, you want the #PAUSE or #STOP command. Just make a trigger(s) on the text which tells you that you need to interrupt the speedwalk. Or if you want manual control, maybe a button or alias, or just type the command on the command line.

For interrupting the #nnn command, I'm not sure there is a good way to interrupt it. I would recommend against doing #10000 kill target. There are plenty of other ways to write something that will send a series of identical commands, which can include tests to halt repetition when necessary. One potential problem that springs to mind with #10000 kill target is that Cmud is much faster than Zmud. You probably don't want hundreds of kill commands sent off to the mud in one second! I'm sure the mud admins wouldn't appreciate it. In fact, if you tried to manually abort a command like that, it's possible that all the commands would have been sent to the mud before you can hitthe escape key.

Do you have other cases where you want to interrupt commands?
tonygks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm   

#stop and #pause works only on slow walking. If i try to it them when speedwalking with doubleclick or {%walkmode(0); #walk @temp_room} its do nothing. So i can interrupt it only with ESC ((
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm   

Actually, #stop also works to stop a background thread when given a valid thread id number as the argument. Use the #thread command to see the thread id value.
tonygks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:22 am   

Trying to do that... when speedwalk fired i see only thread
xx [u] Main running
If i try to stop it by "stop xx" then all freezes and need to kill cmud process after.

Can u say what command list ESC key do?

ps another problem with editing triggers(macros vars ...)
I cant write using cyrillic in main trigger field. But easily do that in name trigger field. I usually copy/paste to main filed from name f or notepad... its inconvenient to use it
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm   

It is not possible to interrupt speedwalking in Fast mode or Safe mode, because all the movement commands are sent right away. By the time you try to hit the ESC key or do anything else to interrupt your walk, the mud has already recieved all of the commands. Only in Slow mode can you interrupt the speedwalk, and that is done with #PAUSE or #STOP.

As for your problems with cyrillic font--Cmud does not currently have support for Unicode. Some things may by chance work with cyrillic font, but you will continue to have problems with cyrillic font until Zugg has time to write in support for Unicode. It is a known problem, and one he wants to get to, but is not at the top of the priority list.
tonygks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:27 pm   

ok.. but how i can abort command sequence wihtout using esc key? or emulate it...
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm   

If you want to abort a sequence of commands that you send, e.g.
Code:
look goblin;
disarm goblin;
kill goblin

Then you will probably need to implement your own command queue. If you've already sent the commands CMUD can't stop them from being processed by the MUD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: