Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:52 pm   

Anyone else having issues with nested database records?

It was odd, I have database records as part of a value in another database record but they were all working fine and then suddenly they stopped working for no apparent reason. I'm trying to find a way to see what might have caused the problem, but, until I do, I was wondering if anyone else had run into the issue in the current version?
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:34 pm   

It's odd, it's only happening in one session. I deleted the session, deleted the session folder and recreated but the problem persists in that session, it does not in the others. For some reason, in this session only, it refuses to see the nested records as record variables.
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 pm   

Did you delete the packages too? Deleting the session and session folder doesn't do anything much if there's nothing wrong with the session.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:27 pm   

The package is in the session folder, so that's why I deleted it. I use a "DSL" package across all of my sessions, but that same package is in the other sessions and they work just fine. In fact, the script that controls these things is in that package, it's just the settings variables which is in the individual packages.

So we have the settings variables:
Code:

<class name="Affects Window Settings" id="1">
  <var name="afw_set" type="Record" id="2">
    <value>history=0|top=0|spl=2|col_inc=15|col_exp=12|col_maled=12|max_len=18|col_long=10|num_len=3|col_short=14|blink=1</value>
    <json>{"history":0,"top":0,"spl":2,"col_inc":15,"col_exp":12,"col_maled":12,"max_len":18,"col_long":10,"num_len":3,"col_short":14,"blink":1}</json>
  </var>
  <var name="afw_list" type="Record" id="3">
    <value>req=Sanctuary|hid="Detect Invis|Detect Hidden|Detect Good"|acc_maled="Blindness=0"|maled|spell_order="Sanctuary|Detect Invis|Detect Hidden|Detect Good"|maled_order=Blindness|acc_spell="Detect Invis=0|Sanctuary=0|Detect Good=0|Detect Hidden=0"|fade=null|echo=null|spell="Sanctuary=0|Detect Invis=0|Detect Hidden=0|Detect Good=0"</value>
    <json>{"req":"Sanctuary","hid":["Detect Invis","Detect Hidden","Detect Good"],"acc_maled":{"Blindness":0},"maled":"","spell_order":["Sanctuary","Detect Invis","Detect Hidden","Detect Good"],"maled_order":"Blindness","acc_spell":["Detect Invis=0",{"Sanctuary":0},"Detect Good=0","Detect Hidden=0"],"fade":"null","echo":"null","spell":{"Detect Invis":0,"Sanctuary":0,"Detect Good":0,"Detect Hidden":0}}</json>
  </var>
</class>

Which are in the individual "settings package"

I tried one of the working settings in place of the session that wasnt working and everything works again. I have no clue what's different or wrong between one set or the other. Both allowed for nesting, and while they had some differing values, that shouldn't have affected whether or not one was looked at as a nested record while the other was not.

Here's the "working" settings:
Code:

<class name="Affects Window Settings" id="1">
  <var name="afw_set" type="Record" id="2">
    <value>history=0|top=0|spl=2|col_inc=15|col_exp=12|col_maled=12|max_len=18|col_long=10|num_len=3|col_short=14|blink=1</value>
    <json>{"history":0,"top":0,"spl":2,"col_inc":15,"col_exp":12,"col_maled":12,"max_len":18,"col_long":10,"num_len":3,"col_short":14,"blink":1}</json>
  </var>
  <var name="afw_list" type="Record" id="3">
    <value>req="Armor|Shield|Stone Skin|Frenzy|Prayer|Enhanced Recovery|Protection|Sanctuary|Holy Presence|Haste"|hid="Detect Invis|Detect Hidden|Detect Good"|acc_maled="Eye Rake=0|Blindness=0|Weaken=0|Wing Stall=0|Black Curse=0|Ankle Smash=0|Eye Gouge=0|Flash Bomb=0|Leprosy=0|Poison=0|Slow=0|Spook=0|Dirt Kick=0|Death Illness=0|Curse=0|choke=0|Plague=0"|maled|spell_order="Sanctuary|Enhanced Recovery|Holy Presence|Prayer|Shield|Haste|Bless|Frenzy|Armor|Water Breathing|Favor of the Gods|Protection Evil|Protection Neutral|Protection Good|Song of War|Enchanting Touch|We Come, We Come|Detect Hidden|Detect Invis|Detect Good|spell Protection Neutral|Pass Door|Protection|Shield of Words|Stone Skin|Endurance"|maled_order="Weaken|Blindness|Eye Gouge|Dirt Kick|Flash Bomb|Plague|Eye Rake|Spook|Leprosy|Ankle Smash|Wing Stall|Death Illness|Slow|Poison|Curse|choke|Black Curse"|acc_spell="Song of War=0|Armor=0|Pass Door=0|Detect Invis=0|Endurance=0|Stone Skin=0|Favor of the Gods=0|Enhanced Recovery=0|Shield=0|Sanctuary=0|Shield of Words=0|We Come, We Come=0|Protection Good=0|Protection Evil=0|Holy Presence=0|Enchanting Touch=0|Prayer=0|Haste=0|Detect Good=0|Frenzy=0|Detect Hidden=0|spell Protection Neutral=0|Protection Neutral=0|Water Breathing=0|Bless=0"|fade="You feel less sick=Poison|You can see again=Blindness|You feel stronger=Weaken|The white aura around your body fades=Sanctuary|Your protection disappears=Protection Evil|You feel the divine strength leave your body=Endurance|You feel yourself slowing down=Haste"|echo="You choke and gag=Poison|Your skin turns to stone=Stone Skin|You feel blessed with a vitalizing aura=Enhanced Recovery|You feel a holy presence protecting you=Holy Presence|You feel a holy endurance run through your veins=Endurance|You feel someone protecting you=Armor|You feel unclean=Curse|You are blinded=Blindness|throws something on the ground and it explodes with a brilliant flash=Flash Bomb|You feel your strength slipping away=Weaken|You feel righteous=Bless|A feeling of divinity overtakes your presence=Prayer|You turn translucent=Pass Door|You are surrounded by a force shield=Shield|You are surrounded by a white aura=Sanctuary|You are filled with holy wrath=Frenzy|You are protected from neutral people=Protection Neutral"|spell="Armor=0|Detect Invis=17|Stone Skin=26|Enhanced Recovery=9|Shield=43|Sanctuary=8|Holy Presence=7|Enchanting Touch=23|Prayer=4|Haste=0|Detect Good=26|Frenzy=9|Detect Hidden=17|Protection=0|Bless=37"</value>
    <json>{"req":["Armor","Shield","Stone Skin","Frenzy","Prayer","Enhanced Recovery","Protection","Sanctuary","Holy Presence","Haste"],"hid":["Detect Invis","Detect Hidden","Detect Good"],"acc_maled":{"Eye Rake":0,"Blindness":0,"Weaken":0,"Wing Stall":0,"Black Curse":0,"Ankle Smash":0,"Eye Gouge":0,"Flash Bomb":0,"Leprosy":0,"Poison":0,"Slow":0,"Spook":0,"Dirt Kick":0,"Death Illness":0,"Curse":0,"choke":0,"Plague":0},"maled":{},"spell_order":["Sanctuary","Enhanced Recovery","Holy Presence","Prayer","Shield","Haste","Bless","Frenzy","Armor","Water Breathing","Favor of the Gods","Protection Evil","Protection Neutral","Protection Good","Song of War","Enchanting Touch","We Come, We Come","Detect Hidden","Detect Invis","Detect Good","spell Protection Neutral","Pass Door","Protection","Shield of Words","Stone Skin","Endurance"],"maled_order":["Weaken","Blindness","Eye Gouge","Dirt Kick","Flash Bomb","Plague","Eye Rake","Spook","Leprosy","Ankle Smash","Wing Stall","Death Illness","Slow","Poison","Curse","choke","Black Curse"],"acc_spell":{"Song of War":0,"Armor":0,"Pass Door":0,"Detect Invis":0,"Endurance":0,"Stone Skin":0,"Favor of the Gods":0,"Enhanced Recovery":0,"Shield":0,"Sanctuary":0,"Shield of Words":0,"We Come, We Come":0,"Protection Good":0,"Protection Evil":0,"Holy Presence":0,"Enchanting Touch":0,"Prayer":0,"Haste":0,"Detect Good":0,"Frenzy":0,"Detect Hidden":0,"spell Protection Neutral":0,"Protection Neutral":0,"Water Breathing":0,"Bless":0},"fade":{"You feel less sick":"Poison","You can see again":"Blindness","You feel stronger":"Weaken","The white aura around your body fades":"Sanctuary","Your protection disappears":"Protection Evil","You feel the divine strength leave your body":"Endurance","You feel yourself slowing down":"Haste"},"echo":{"You choke and gag":"Poison","Your skin turns to stone":"Stone Skin","You feel blessed with a vitalizing aura":"Enhanced Recovery","You feel a holy presence protecting you":"Holy Presence","You feel a holy endurance run through your veins":"Endurance","You feel someone protecting you":"Armor","You feel unclean":"Curse","You are blinded":"Blindness","throws something on the ground and it explodes with a brilliant flash":"Flash Bomb","You feel your strength slipping away":"Weaken","You feel righteous":"Bless","A feeling of divinity overtakes your presence":"Prayer","You turn translucent":"Pass Door","You are surrounded by a force shield":"Shield","You are surrounded by a white aura":"Sanctuary","You are filled with holy wrath":"Frenzy","You are protected from neutral people":"Protection Neutral"},"spell":{"Armor":0,"Detect Invis":17,"Stone Skin":26,"Enhanced Recovery":9,"Shield":43,"Sanctuary":8,"Holy Presence":7,"Enchanting Touch":23,"Prayer":4,"Haste":0,"Detect Good":26,"Frenzy":9,"Detect Hidden":17,"Protection":0,"Bless":37}}</json>
  </var>
</class>
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: