Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Menliros
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 pm   

[3.29] Upgrading from CMUD doesn't work

Not a really big issue for me, since there is a failproof workaround. But with a new major release coming up probably handy to fix. The auto update function for me within CMUD doesn't work. I do get the message that there is a new version, it does download it properly, but when i click run upgrade CMUD closes, no error, and nothing happens.

I just download uploads from the website and run it, but you might lose some upgraders in the process.

I run Windows 7, I run CMUD as administrator, happy to supply you with more info if you need any.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 pm   

According to Zugg:
Quote:
Don't use "Check for new version". New Beta versions are released directly to the Downloads area on the web site several days before they are available via the "Check for new version" server.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:11 am   

It's an issue with Vista and Windows 7. CMUD doesn't elevate the permissions so that the installer can run. However, since v2.37 has this same problem, even if I fix it in v3.x it won't help much during this upgrade cycle. We just need to remind people who have problems with the Auto Update that they can always just download the latest version from the web site and run it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: