Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:06 pm   

[3.29b] Mapper question regarding exit links

When %roomexit returns the exit links, if the 'Name' field is filled in, it returns what's in the 'Name' field instead of returning the direction it is listed under. Is there any way to know what direction the 'Name' field is being returned from?

For example, I have this particular set of exits returned by %roomexit: u|n|e|door_unlock south|w|d|in

I can look at the room properties and see that 'door_unlock south' is listed under the 's' south direction. Is there a way to get this information from my scripts without looking at room properties?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm   

I don't believe it's directly exposed to the player. You could perhaps use a very ugly and most likely highly inefficient combination of various %room functions to first figure out the destination room and then backtrack the link to the current room. This will require you to use both roomvnum and roomkey since the various room functions you will be forced to use don't agree on which mode(s) to accept room-number arguments in. I dunno what the working combination is, since I believe I only ever got about halfway through before giving up.

Beyond that, your only options are external calls to the map database via COM or #SQL commands/functions.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:54 pm   

Backtracking is a good idea, except that the return link is going to have a similar script controlling its movement as well in this case.

I was hoping I was just overlooking something obvious, but I think you may be right that direct calls to the map database may be the only way of obtaining the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: