Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
BorisU
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:54 pm   

[3.xx] Find Room in mapper with non-latin characters

Search fails if I try to find a room using non-latin characters in Name or Description.
Speadsheet view shows the list of all rooms in the mapper Rolling Eyes
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 pm   

You'll need to give us a more specific example. Some non-latin characters should work fine as long as they are not Unicode multi-byte characters. CMUD does not support Unicode.
BorisU
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 pm   

These are russian characters in a russian MUD. You can check it yourself at C7I mud (game.c7i.ru:9000). BTW room search works perfectly in ZMUD.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:29 pm   

No, I meant you need to show me the exact room name text that you are searching for and the details of the room you are trying to match. This close to a public release I don't have time to log into a MUD and create a character.

The database used in zMUD and CMUD are completely different, so it's very possible the mapper database in CMUD doesn't support a non-latin character set. I know most European characters (like German) work, but I think Russian requires some Unicode support.
BorisU
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 pm   

It seems that any attemp to search for a pattern that includes russian characters gives a lot of false results.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 pm   

That is correct. The Perl Regular Expression library (PCRE.DLL) that CMUD uses also does not handle Unicode characters. Sorry, but CMUD just isn't going to work well on a Russian MUD.
BorisU
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:02 am   

Sad

I stil do not understand why triggers that are based on the same PCRE library are working fine and mapper database search is not.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:36 pm   

Because CMUD is not Unicode compliant! As I said, CMUD doesn't support Unicode, which means some stuff is going to work and some stuff isn't going to work. zMUD was actually the same way...some stuff worked and some stuff didn't. CMUD v4 will be rewritten to be fully Unicode compatible, but that is a while away, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: