Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am   

3.28 zones

i thought when you went into a new zone, the zone was susposta be made on the mapper if you have gmcp enabled, i just made a new map and when i switch zones it just keeps building into the zone i was in before
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:12 am   

Nope. That would cause too many problems with existing maps where your zone names do not match the names used by the MUD.

You can do this yourself using a GMCP trigger. In your room.info trigger you can extract the zone name from the GMCP data and then use the new #ZONE command to switch to the proper zone or create the zone if it doesn't exist.

Without your own custom script you still need to create the new zone manually just like in the past. CMUD creates new rooms in the same zone as the currently selected map location unless overridden by the #ZONE command.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:53 am   

i noticed sometimes the zone will make and not the room is there a way to fix this, because only half the time the room makes in the correct zone
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:29 pm   

You'll need to provide more information on exactly what you are doing to reproduce this. You need to give us the script you are using, and also tell us what speedwalk mode you are using. I am not able to reproduce any problem with the #zone command when I use it manually.

For example, I can go into Map Mode (Safe mode) and type:
#ZONE NewZone
and then move in a direction and it will properly create the new room in the NewZone.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 pm   

im not trying to do anything too complex, what im trying to do is with gmcp do #zone %gmcp.room.info.area

Code:

<trigger type="GMCP" param="201" priority="130" id="13">
  <pattern>room.info</pattern>
  <value>gmcparea=%gmcp.room.info.area
#zone %gmcp.room.info.area</value>
</trigger>

so if i move to a new area it will create the room in the old area then create the zone
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:04 am   

You need to enable the "Trigger on Prompt" option and disable the "Trigger on Newline" option. The Trigger on Prompt causes your GMCP trigger to run *before* CMUD mapper creates the room. Your trigger above is running *after* that happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: