Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:39 pm   

[3.27] [Fixed in 3.28] onRoomEnter isn't firing

Map Mode: Slow Walk
Method of Movement: Number Pad (non-speedwalk) and double-clicking to speedwalk

I'm moving around using both the keypad and by double-clicking to speedwalk. I don't see onRoomEnter firing anymore.

Last edited by ReedN on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:42 pm   

Is this on a GMCP MUD or non-GMCP?
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:51 pm   

GMCP Mud, Achaea.

Last edited by ReedN on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:17 pm   

I think the bug is that if I'm in slow walk mode and "Disable automatic confirmation" in "Automatic step confirmation" it will never produce an OnRoomEnter event when I do my own #ok. If I change the "Automatic step confirmation" to "Match Room Name" then it starts producing the OnRoomEnter events as it should.

There is also an interaction between this and GMCP. If the room has the flag for correct vnum then the OnRoomEnter event occurs right when the GMCP is received. If it isn't marked with the vnum flag then nothing fires. Historically when the prompt was received after #ok was received it caused the OnRoomEnter to fire. With the new GMCP code, it is now firing much earlier than it used it. I receive the GMCP info before I even see the room name or description and this is causing problems for me. I need to process the items coming from the room description before I have the information I need for the OnRoomEnter code.

Another oddity I noticed was that normally vnum flagged rooms produce the OnRoomEnter event, however, sometimes they stop altogether and I haven't figured out why that is. I'll be getting OnRoomEnter events with the vnum flagged rooms (but not with non-vnum flagged rooms) then all the sudden it will stop and I won't have the event firing in either case.

So the fix should should be:

1) Non-vnum flag room: Produce an OnRoomEnter event (at the prompt... as normal) when the user executes their own #ok to manually confirm a room change.
2) vnum flag room: Produce an OnRoomEnter event at the prompt instead of whenever the GMCP arrives (to allow processing items from the description). Make sure the mapper has updated itself to the new room location before the OnRoomEnter event is fired. Correct anything that may cause OnRoomEnter to stop firing... sorry I know this last one is a bit ambiguous, but I have no idea why it sometimes stops.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:57 pm   

Quote:
With the new GMCP code, it is now firing much earlier than it used it.

That's just the way GMCP works, sorry. The GMCP data acts as the "prompt" and triggers an internal #OK. I am not going to change this, so you'll need to modify your scripts to adapt.
Quote:
1) Non-vnum flag room: Produce an OnRoomEnter event (at the prompt... as normal) when the user executes their own #ok to manually confirm a room change.

Since that's how CMUD is supposed to be handling it, this is a bug and I'll see if it's an easy fix for the public release.
Quote:
Produce an OnRoomEnter event at the prompt instead of whenever the GMCP arrives

Not going to happen. The whole idea behind GMCP is that the mapper is completely controlled by the GMCP data and does not need anything else from the MUD (no prompt, etc).
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:52 am   

Confirmed fixed in 3.28. OnRoomEnter reliably fires when "Disable automatic confirmation" is selected in slow walk mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: