Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:25 am   

ansi trigger help

i know sense cmud was fixed it has some problems with aardwolf now, i have been having troubble fixing one of the scripts i have

Code:
<trigger name="NameTrigs" priority="9610" ansi="true" id="429">
  <pattern>|%s%e[1;31mName%e[0;37m%s:(*)%e[0;37m%s%e[0;37m|</pattern>
  <value>#ADDKEY IdentDB IDName %trim(%colorsyntax( %subregex(%1,"@", "@@")))</value>
  <trigger>

i have tried a couple things to fix it i know im probably missing something simple

edit: i ment to post this in general not beta -.-

Last edited by hadar on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:25 am   

It may be simply that you're using unquoted [. As far as I know, CMud 3.26 doesn't have any problems with the ansi codes sent by Aardwolf.

If your difficulties truly are related to something ANSI, double-check your pattern via the Script Debugger to make sure you're matching on what Aardwolf is actually sending rather than something that CMud generated via copy-pasting.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:36 pm   

You didn't say exactly what problem you are having with the script. Is the pattern not matching? Is the code not compiling? Is the code not doing what you want it to do? We really need more details in order to help you.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 pm   

sorry it use to save the color data of the name of the item into a var, so i could display it for a script, the pattern does not seem to be matching anymore
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:11 pm   

Create a new ANSI Trigger with a blank pattern. Then copy the line from the MUD that you want to match and paste it into the Pattern field. If the ANSI Trigger option is enabled, CMUD will display the ANSI color codes contained in the line from the MUD.

Recent versions of CMUD fixed some bugs with ANSI color codes getting stripped from the beginning of lines, so my guess is that there is an ANSI code at the beginning of the line or elsewhere on the line that is different than what you used to have.

If that doesn't work, than post the text from the MUD that you are trying to trigger on.

Oh, and you don't need to quote the [ character that comes after a %e. CMUD has a special case coded into it so that a [ character after %e is automatically escaped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: