Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:31 am   

[3.26] GMCP Room.Info.details

In IRE's Midkemia they are not sending the Room.Info.details variable every time unless it actually contains something. Therefore, it is keeping the old details info and storing it in the next rooms I walk into after leaving that room. For example, I had the properties window open as I was walking. I walked into a post office and it stored ["postoffice"] in the UserStr field. After I left that room it put ["postoffice"] in all the rooms until I received different details data.

This is of course different from IRE's Achaea where they send "details": [ "" ] when there is no data.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 pm   

I'll contact IRE about this and see what they say, but you are correct that they should be sending a blank variable. In fact, they should be sending:
Code:
"details": ""

and not
Code:
"details": [""]

since their spec says the "details" variable is a string and not an array.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm   

From IRE:
Quote:
I'll also change it so that the details field is sent always, even if no details is provided.

Also, I'm actually going to change this in the next version of CMUD so that CMUD ignores the room.info.details field by default, rather than overwriting the data in the %roomflags field. People who want to use the "details" information can do this easily in their own GMCP script and since other people are going to be using the %roomflags for their own data, I don't want CMUD to overwrite that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: