Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 am   

[3.26] #WALK does nothing

First let me say, mapping is going pretty smooth now. The only small issue I have, besides what I am about to report, is when I enter an "other" exit like "enter grate" the mapper loses track of me and stops following until I reset my location manually.

However, since it switched over to GMCP, I had not used my walker script. I just tried using the #WALK command and it does nothing at all. In my script all I have is #walk $num. I even entered #walk 1234 on the command line and it didn't do anything at all. It's not showing anything happening in DEBUG window either.

Edit: Edited for better clarity of the problem.

Last edited by oldguy2 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:40 am   

Code:
%walk(@num,) or %walk(@num,-1)

These return absolutely nothing as well. I tried doing "#print %walk(1234,-1)" and get nothing.

It's almost like #walk and %walk have been removed or disabled.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:12 am   

#WALK is working just fine for me in 3.26.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:20 am   

Nothing has been removed and #WALK and %walk both still work fine for me. Perhaps you are in the wrong %roommode? In one mode it will use the local database key numbers for the room, and in the other mode it will use the vNum (set by GMCP or by the user). So maybe you are in vNum mode and room 1234 has gotten it's vNum changed via GMCP?
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:53 am   

Well I set %roommode(0), which uses the vnums, and I used an actual vnum that was in the map for both %walk and #walk and it just does nothing. I know that %roommode(1) uses the keys because I always kept having to switch back to mode 0 when I reload Cmud to get my walking script to work. For example, the actual room number is 2050. In the map properties it shows 2050. Yet neither #walk 2050 or %map(2050,) do anything in roommode 0. These numbers are correct because when I made this map I set all my vNums to the actual room number via ATCP, and like I said I also looked to make sure. I'm not sure what the problem is.

If I use roommode 1, then I am stuck using the key numbers which won't help me at all. Using #walk and %walk in roommode 0 does not work for some reason. Is there some setting I don't know about that I should have set to make them work in this mode?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:54 pm   

Yep, that's the problem. I can confirm that #WALK and %walk are not working properly with vNums in %roommode(0). Not sure when this broke, but I've added it to the bug list.

In the meantime, use %roommode(1) with the actual room key number, or set the short ID name of the room and use the name with the #walk command.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:11 pm   

I can't get #teleport to work either. Even if I do the following:

Code:

#teleport @roomNum

or

#teleport %roomkey(@roomNum)

I'm not going to rewrite everything to use the roomkeys when it is all based on the actual room numbers. I'll just wait for the update but wanted you to know.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:13 pm   

The problem is the %roomkey function is messed up in 3.26. It's already fixed for the next version.
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:57 am   

Zugg wrote:
The problem is the %roomkey function is messed up in 3.26. It's already fixed for the next version.

Good. I thought all of my scripts broke.. I cant function without swalks.. looks like its time to stop playing until the new version comes out.
orphean
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:26 am   

3.27 RC1 is out! This should be fixed, back to swalk'ing Smile

Code:
Fixed %roomkey and handling vNums
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: