Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:34 pm   

3.25 settings

when i go into my settings and right click and remove a package, go to my main session window and do #save then close and re-open cmud all packages i removed are still there.

same goes for if i edit anything in the package if i save then goto command line then #save then close cmud and reopen all the original changes are still there, but if i do a save as then all the files keep there changes, i dont know if im maybe doing something wrong or if there was a change that did not like me ...
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm   

Removing packages permanently from a session is done by editting the session in the Sessions Window.

I couldn't quite follow the problem you were describing in the second paragraph. Please rephrase it so that it is very clear exactly what you are doing and what you expect to happen.
Palek
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 am   

This has been reported and confirmed in this post http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35619
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:31 pm   

sorry palek must have missed that

ok so if i go into the editor, and go into one of my packaged name package1 and i edit an alias in there that is
Code:

<alias name="endofkill" id="557">
  <value>#if (@autoinvis=1) {rem 136993919;wear 136993919}</value>
</alias>

if i change it say to

Code:

<alias name="endofkill" id="557">
  <value>#if (@autoinvis=1) {rem all;wearlevelset}</value>
</alias>

and then press ctrl+s and close out the editor then close cmud when i go back in it will still be the first value, but if i save package as under file then go back it will be the second value

i hope this is more clear ... if not ill make screen shots of what im talking about
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:52 pm   

I am not able to reproduce this, and it's not related to the bug that Palek mentioned. I just opened a session that uses another package and editing an alias in the other package and then did ctrl+s and exited CMUD and reloaded it and my changes showed up.

You should never need to use the "Save package as" unless you need to make a copy of a package. Packages are all saved automatically when you close the settings editor.

What directory is CMUD installed in and what directory are your packages stored in? Use the Edit Session action and go to the Files/Packages tab and make sure the correct path for your packages is shown. Also check to see if you have a duplicate copy of your package. Perhaps CMUD is saving your changes to one copy, but then still loading the old copy.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 pm   

they appear to be in
C:\Users\Hadar\Documents\My Games\CMUD\Packages
and also a copy is in
C:\Program Files (x86)\CMUD\packages

i have never noticed that, but it looks like cmud is reading from the first one and that file has no duplicate entries only the package file and the package_bak files.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:24 pm   

Quote:
and also a copy is in
C:\Program Files (x86)\CMUD\packages

So are you saying that there is a copy of the package in this directory too? This directory should only contain the packages that CMUD ships with. CMUD stores the master copy here and then copies them into the My Documents\My Games\CMUD\Packages directory after installation. You should never have any user-created or user-edited packages in this directory.

When you use ctrl+s and exit CMUD, does the Modification Date on your *.pkg file get updated in Windows?
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:39 pm   

no it looks like the last time one of the packages in that directory was touched that is user defined is 1/29/2010

and the ctrl+s does update the packages under the mygames directory, maybe cmud is trying to read the _bak file insted of the regular .pkg file?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:13 pm   

CMUD never reads the _bak files unless that is in the name of the package shown in the Edit Sessions/Packages tab.

The ctrl+s doesn't actually perform the save to disk. ctrl+s just saves the changes within the in-memory database. When you actually close the settings editor (or close CMUD) then the settings are saved to disk. They are also saved to disk in the background on a timer.

Did you try going into your Edit Sessions/Packages screen and remove and then re-add the package that is having trouble?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: