Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 am   

[3.25+] Suggestion: Automatic zone creation/sorting with %gmcp info.

Would it be possible to get the cmud mapper to automatically create zones and sort rooms using GMCP data? This would reduce the amount of work required to organize a map. I know both IRE and Aardwolf currently provide area/zone names. A toggle option for this would also be handy.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:17 pm   

I thought about this when I first added GMCP support, but there are several concerns with this. The problem is for people with large existing maps. People probably don't have their existing zones named exactly the same as what the server is sending via GMCP.

Eventually, I'd like the GMCP mapper to use both the Zone and the Coordinates information to build a better map. But I think that is beyond what I want to add for the first public release. In fact, I really don't want to add any new features to CMUD at this point until the public release is done. I've pushed back this release for several months trying to add features like GMCP and I've gone about as long as I can now. We can talk about more GMCP-based mapper features for a future version.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 am   

That sounds pretty awesome, and I understand the need to get the public version out. Would it be possible to get scripting commands related to coordinates and zone creation before you fully implement this into the mapper?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: