Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 pm   

[3.25] Mapper off button

This is something that has always annoyed me and since you are fixing mapper bugs I figured maybe you could do something about it as well. On the top left of the mapper you have three buttons one for off one for follow and one for map. If I click the map button I expect the mapper to map as well as I have set it up to. If i click the follow button I expect the mapper to follow me around not making new rooms as i go but since it's still "On" if i move to an unmapped room I accept that my current position on the map may change. If I click the off button, off to me is off. however it is still possible for my position to change on the map while in this mode when moving. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. I personally would rather the whole mapper freeze if i click the off button, for when I am Checking connections and such. If it's current state was desired, would it be possible to add a mode to totally freeze the mapper? And if this was not the desired affect would it be possible to make off actually be off?
Moo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:06 pm   

The mapper off button used to disable the movement on the map.. Now it just seems to change the appearance of the map, as far as I could see?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm   

I think if you are using your own #TAG commands, or using GMCP/ATCP/MXP to set the mapper then it will still track your room when the map is Off. I'll look into it but can't promise any timescale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: