Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Quit
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 pm   

GMCP Cmud Pro 3.24

Quote:
And as you walk around the MUD in Map mode, CMUD will reset any vNum currently stored to the correct value from the MUD if the "Use vNUM to match rooms" option is enabled in the Mapper Speedwalking configuration.

I can't get it to update any VNum, did try it in follow and map mode ?

It only use the new value if I make a new map.

I can use: #show %gmcp.room.info.num to see the value so it should work.

How do I get the mapper to use the %gmcp.room.info.brief and %gmcp.room.info.exits,
I was hoping that Cmud will use them but I dont think it does, you still have to use the reconfigure in the mapper
to set room, desc and exits up.

And it would be nice if it could change the color of the room when it updates to the correct value,
so I can see what rooms I need to update.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:04 pm   

Adding a color option is a good idea. Do you have the "Use vNum to match rooms" option enabled in the Map Properties/Speedwalking page?

The Room.Info.Exits is definitely being used to create exits. At least in my testing on Imperian. Didn't see the Room.Info.Brief message, but I can add support for that. I don't think IRE is sending any room descriptions.

Are you using IRE or Aardwolf? Maybe there is a difference in the format being used for the Exit information?
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 pm   

In Achaea I have had to change the room exits to be compatible with my old map stuff.. since the GMCP stuff in achaea uses the single exit style of "o" and "i" for exits out and in... so I just replace them with "out" and "in" before I tag the exits (this of course has to map your custom other directions, which for mine had the values "out" and "in").

Also as far as I last checked Achaea did not send the room descriptions in GMCP.
Quit
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:31 pm   

I am on Aardwolf

and yes got the option enabled.

found out that I can use the Look icon on the mapper window,
then it updates the number and mark the MUD Room Number in the
room properties/other properties.

I dident think that Room.Info.Exits and brief was used because there
are no places to tell the mapper that you want to use it in the map perferences/configuration
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm   

As I mentioned, the Exits is always used as a base part of the mapper. You cannot turn it off or on because the mapper doesn't work at all without some exit information.

The Look command uses the same code as when you move around the MUD, so I still don't understand why it's not showing the exits when you create rooms by moving around.
cazador
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:05 pm   

For me tu use the vNum to match rooms, do I need to also have one of the automatic step confirmations options set? Or can I use "disable automatic confirmation?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: