Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:58 pm   

3.22a Released. Fixed EXPIRATION problem in 3.22

Well, I thought I was going to get a new version of CMUD out before the 3.22 version expired. But this has been a horrible month (my Dad was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks ago).

The 3.22 Beta version was set to EXPIRE on August 1st. So I have uploaded 3.22a which patches the expiration date so that it won't expire for a few more months.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to come here and post that "CMUD has expired!" on Sunday, so please direct them to this post and tell them to just download CMUD 3.22 again from the Download page at the top of this site.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this might cause.

Last edited by Zugg on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:42 pm   

Your dad and your family are in my prayers.
missinglink
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 am   

our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this tough time Zugg, hope everything turns out well.

My mother also had cancer, and i've done a bit of research regarding it over the years, so if any of the info i have would be helpful, you're welcome to it.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:03 pm   

I hope your dad is doing ok. I'm sure you know this already but the prognosis and outcome is largely dependent on the type of cancer he has and when it was detected. If it's any consolation by step-dad had late-stage colon cancer but was able to beat it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 pm   

It's a weird cancer in his mouth. I guess it happens with smokers, but my Dad has never smoked. It hasn't spread yet, which is good, but they will be removing part of his lower jaw and teeth and replacing it with metal. Sounds pretty gruesome to me. Surgery isn't until the end of August, so the worst part is waiting. I'm still hoping for a good TeSSH/CMUD release in August, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Just goes to show: Smoke and get sick. Don't Smoke and still get sick. Moral: Enjoy life while you can.
Progonoi
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:15 pm   

Your Dad will be in my thoughts, too Zugg and I truly hope everything will turn out good.

The cancer you're describing sounds very much like what film critic Roger Ebert had.

--------------------------------
Intel Core i5-650 3,2GHz
4 DD3 RAM
GTX 460 768MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64x
--------------------------------
FritzCoyote
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:47 am   

Your dad will be in our prayers.

With a bit of luck he will soon have his cyberjaw installed and get to have a bit of fun every time he goes through a metal detector.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 pm   

Great news! Dad will be treated with radiation first, rather than the surgery. This could be a very good thing.
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm   

*zugghug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: