Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aedammair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:38 am   

Noob to cmud/coding..Please help with Status Bar (Not the buttons thing)

Ok, I am trying to get the status bar thing to work (Located under Actions, Define Status Bar). My read out is:

*~HP: 834/834 PP: 850/850 Chi: 243/263 G2:3838831 Mind: 221 AE:8/48% CF:T

Which from what I can figure out in the documentation, should be able to be setup as a #SETPROMPT, not sure though....If someone could please help me with this I would be very greatful. It is on 3k, but not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Thanks,
Aedammair
Shezmu
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:54 am   

I went about this a funny way, using a normal trigger to populate variables. But then, I manipulate the variables a bit for my use.

#trigger ~*~~hp~: (%d)~/(%d) PP~: (%d)~/(%d) Chi~: (%d)~/(%d) G2~: (%d) Mind: (%d) AE~:(%d)~/(%d)~% CF~:T
#VAR currhp %1
#VAR maxhp %2
#VAR currpp %3
#VAR maxpp %4
#VAR curchi %5
#VAR maxchi %6
#VAR G2 %7
#VAR mind %8
etc...

Then just create your status bar appropriately:

#STATUS {HP: @currhp/@maxhp PP: @currpp/@maxpp Chi: @curchi/@maxchi G2: @G2 Mind: @mind}

Others may have a more efficient way of doing this. I'm a noob at this stuff. ;)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:38 am   

That's basically how you do it. Status bars just display variables and plain text, they don't do ANYTHING to get stuff into the variables they display.

#SETPROMPT is basically the same thing, but the trigger is kept internal to CMud.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:03 am   

Thanks for the help :}
miischi
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 pm   

Instead of using the Status Bar I suggest you to use a status window. It's basically the same but you have a better overview. To autoupdate your current status you can have triggers and timers that fire the proper syntax, and cut out what they need to avoid spamming your screen ( it's really annoying to have a "hp" trigger set on every hit you take, etc ). a status window is capable of a lot more than the current status of your vitals.
you can for example make lists of enemies and friends. you just define names as variables and then use these variables in your aliases. in the heat of combat it can really help, besides it gives you advantage of those who type out names ;) once i get my cMUD running again i will give you the code for that window if you're interested :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: