Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
eightbit

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:08 pm   

Que Commands sent to server during "busy times"

So in my mud, (its my first mud, so not sure of similarities) but there are times where you are doing things that cant be interrupted, but sometimes a script will automatically send a command and mess things up.

My plan is to have a variable "status" be free/busy (0/1) and if status is busy, que commands from sending, and once status is back to 0 or free, it ill send queued commands...

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 pm   

It's possible, but can be tricky. Create an alias, 'q' or 'queue' or something. This should probably just add the new command to the end of the queue. It could also check the busy status, and if free pop the next command and send it. Or you could depend on an alarm which checks the queue and busy status regularly. Then, you have to make sure all your scripts which send commands to the mud use your alias.

Getting this to also capture command line stuff is the really tricky part.
eightbit

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 pm   

I am pretty sure that is exactly what i was looking for. It is only an issue with command I send via triggers. Thanks. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: