Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chumppi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 am   

[3.16b] Not allowing me to make two same but different kinds of triggers.

So I create this type of prompt-trigger, it works fine, it's for combat:
^HP: &{hp}~/&{hpmax} CP: &{cp}~/&{cpmax} TST: &{tst}~/&{tstmax} CNC: &{cnc}~/&{cncmax} ~[MODE~]: &{mode} ~[ENEMY~]: &{epros}~%$

Then I have this prompt-trigger for no-combat:
^HP: &{hp}~/&{hpmax} CP: &{cp}~/&{cpmax} TST: &{tst}~/&{tstmax} CNC: &{cnc}~/&{cncmax} ~[MODE~]: &{mode}~ $

It doesn't allow me to create the latter one but wants to "rename" it to ".... &{tstmax}1" for some reason.
So Basically it doesn't allow me to create two totally different triggers, which I find very silly. I have found a way to do this but it should allow me to create the first one and the latter one for triggers.
With the previous version, 3.14b I think this still worked.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am   

When it 'renames' the trigger, it just gives it a unique ID. This will not effect the functionality of the trigger. You can give it your own ID if you want.

Zugg explained why it does this, in the past, but I can't remember exactly why. Something about an internal ID based on the pattern, and it's only x characters long, so if they're same up to that point, there's a conflict. I'm sure it's much more technical than that.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 am   

No, that's pretty much the reason. If the first 64 characters match, then yeah, it's going to create a conflict. That's why you use different trigger names.

Charneus
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm   

Also, this has been true since version 1 of Cmud. It is not new. You may not have noticed it before, if you kept triggers with identical patterns in separate classes. It only becomes a conflict if they are in the same class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: