Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
FinalHybrid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 am   

Error in cMUD.exe on starting cMUD

OS - Windows Vista
cMUD - v2.37

When I open cMUD all the settings seem to have disappeared.

When I start cMUD the initial screen giving me the number of days left on my trial version appears then when I click OK I receive an error dialogue box which says:

Could not open [local path]\CMUD\sessions.db
None of the dynamic libraries can be found: sqlite.dll

Clicking "Continue application" displays the error:

None of the dynamic libraries can be found sqlite.dll

Clicking "Continue application" again will open cMUD but with no connections displayed. Clicking New Connection from the menu will display the error:
Hosts: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset

The last time I used cMUD before this problem the game I was playing (Avalon) froze however I was able to log back in fine. Then the next time I started cMUD I received this error.

Are there files I can download to replace the lost files? Or can I reinstall the software without losing all my settings?

I'm nearing the end of the trial and was going to register the software but I need to make sure this is fixed first.

Thanks.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:35 am   

You can Reinstall cmud without losing anything also when given the option on where to put your script files choose the %mydocuments%\mygames\cmud choice. Vista doesn't like programs making changes to the program files directory so this can introduce all kinds of problems
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:46 pm   

Also, with the specific SQLite error message, Vista sometimes has trouble loading the older SQLite v2 DLL that is used in the CMUD v2.x versions. Rebooting Vista seems to fix this problem. This problem is also fixed in the CMUD 3.x BETA version which only uses SQLite v3 for new sessions.
FinalHybrid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm   

Thanks nexela and Zugg. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and the problem has been fixed so either it was the reinstallation or the reboot.

All my settings were maintained after reinstallation, as expected.
leonardofaoro
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm   

I'm experiencing the same problem, I reinstalled CmudProV2 and also restarted the PC but I didn't solve the problem, it was still crashing while loading Mud list to the SQLite.
Then I tried downloading and installing the Beta version of Cmud. It's still crashing loading Mud list to SQLite V3...

I've sent many error reports attaching the screenshot.

I'm using Windows 7 OS.

Do you know how can I manually load these DLLs?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 pm   

You can't manually load them. If Windows cannot load them, then there is a problem with your Windows or CMUD installation. When installing CMUD on Windows 7, be sure you selected the %DOCUMENTS% option for the location of your User Session Data Files.

Also check your Windows DEP settings as described here: Troubleshooting

Finally, the error message mentioned towards the beginning of this thread involves an error loading the SQLITE.DLL file, not the SQLITE3.DLL file. If you are having an error with the V3 DLL file, then it's a completely different problem. Make sure the SQLITE3.DLL file is in the same directory as your CMUD.EXE file. Also make sure your virus software is up-to-date and scan your system to see if the DLL has been corrupted somehow.
leonardofaoro
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 pm   

I bought CMUD Pro in Feb 2008, and I didn't have any problem since then. I've always installed it in the %DOCUMENTS% folder for easy backuping of my pkgs.

I've checked the Windows DEP and it was enabled, I disabled and restarted my PC. I still get the error.
I've scanned the CMUD folder in Program Files using NOD32 Antivirus, DLL is fine isn't corrupted.
I even downloaded a fresh copy of sqlite3.dll from http://www.sqlite.org/ and replaced the one in the cmud folder. I still get the error.
I've tried registering manually the DLL using regsvr32.exe - it doesn't register.

Since I couldn't solve the problem with sqlite.dll I've installed the Beta version of CMUD which uses SQLite3.dll - but the problem is the same, CMUD can't load that damn DLL for some weird reason which I can't figure.

It worked just fine till yesterday. Dunno what could have happened.

Did you receive any of my error reports I've sent through CMUD Pro and CMUD Pro Beta?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:30 pm   

The 3.13 Beta version of CMUD currently has a very serious bug in the database functions that could be giving the errors that you sent. Wait till later today and try the 3.14 Beta.

If the problem just started happening suddenly, you might also check your Windows log to see if Windows installed an update that might have broken something. That happens now and then. Usually it will make a System Restore point that you can use to uninstall the update if needed.

The errors that I received are for the 3.13 Beta version and just indicate the same known problem with the database functions in 3.13, so 3.14 might help.
leonardofaoro
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 am   

Zugg, I've downloaded and installed version 3.14 - and as you expected it solved my problem with the sqlite3.dll.
But for some reason my CMUD got unregistered. I tried to register it again using the product key in my e-mail but says it's not valid.
When I login into the store and press Retrieve key, returns the message that I already have the key in my e-mail and to use that.

What should I do?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:49 am   

Email us at support@zuggsoft.com and we can verify your email and resend your code on Monday when Chiara processes our email. Also check your email server to see if your license key got put into a spam folder or something. But we can't help with this on a public forum.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:30 pm   

Are you sure you downloaded the right file? CMud requires one license and CMud Pro requires a different license. If you mistakenly downloaded CMud when you paid for CMud Pro (or vice versa) it will see that you don't have a valid CMud license.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: