Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 pm   

[3.13] "SQL Error: SQL Logic error or missing database"

Hi,

... when adding a new room to a new/existing zone... Error report has been sent in. Anything I can do to actually be able to map again?

I've tried converting the 3.12 map with the converter, but it doesnt do anytning.

/kg
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:16 pm   

I haven't had much time to test this yet, but I can confirm it is happening to me too. Even tried a new map in a new session. I haven't even been able to add a room manually. Only tested on IRE games so far, don't know if killergate is playing the same thing.
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm   

Hi,

Nog, I cant add rooms manually either. Playing on a lpmud atm, if thats what you mean. Its rather annoying.

/kg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm   

Confirmed. I have no idea what is causing this. It doesn't seem related to anything I changed in 3.13, but I definitely cannot add any rooms myself, either when playing the MUD or when manually adding rooms to the map. I did upgrade the ZeosLib database components in v3.13, so maybe there is some bug in the new database driver. Definitely added to the Critical Priority bug list so I'll try to get an update soon.
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:28 am   

Hi,

I'll look forward to this fix!

/kg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:34 pm   

Looks like it *was* the Zeoslib upgrade that caused this. I had upgraded Zeoslib when I was trying to fix the %sql eof() problem (which didn't help). If I revert to the previous version, then the error adding a new room goes away. I'll probably look more into this before releasing a patch to try and determine what exactly is causing the crash if it's something I have control over. Otherwise I'll just keep using the older library version.
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 am   

Hi,

Where can I download the 3.12Pro beta version? I want to be able to map again?

/kg
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:28 am   

If you are in need of mapping, the solution I can think of, until Zugg solves it, is to use CMUD 2.37 and use the Map Conversion Utility to revert to the .mdb map file format.
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 am   

Hi,

Tried to use 2.37, but CMUD hangs when trying to start up my old session, so its no good.

/kg
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 am   

I had the same problem, and what I did was this:

- create in 2.37 a new session for my mud (don't copy the 3.13 files from your mud folder into your 2.37 mud folder)
- put the map file in my 2.37 mud folder (after converting the 3.13 map file back to 2.37 .mdb format)
- copy all the settings (aliases, triggers etc.) from the 3.13 package into the empty 2.37 package (in 3.13 package editor right-click the MUD name then click Copy; then in 2.37 package editor right-click the MUD name and click Paste)

And it worked.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:26 pm   

The 3.12 beta version is still available here: http://www.zuggsoft.com/cmud312_setup.exe

This is exactly why everybody is supposed to be making a backup of their CMUD files before installing any new beta update!
GenericGun
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 pm   

Actually...
Pro:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/files/cmudpro312_setup.exe
Normal:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/files/cmud312_setup.exe

G.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 pm   

Oops, yes GenericGun's links are correct. I forgot the "files" subdirectory.

I tracked this problem down to some bugs in the latest version of ZeosLib support for SQLite3. I had made some fixes to the previous version of ZeosLib for SQLite3 and it looks like I'll need to make those same changes. For now I'm just going to revert to the previous version of Zeoslib which was working fine. I'll just need to remember this issue when updating Zeoslib in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: