Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rhombur
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 pm   

windows #caps and sessions

hello, i've used zmud for about 10 or so years, and have upgraded my OS to the new windows 7, so have been pretty much forced into using the CMUD.

I like the concept behind cmud, it looks like it could be a very powerful client, using LUA, old zscript and python or what have you. I like the options. The problem I have is that the free-version seems to be buggy as hell. I want to know if this will be the right client for me before dropping 30 bucks on it.

I have my old zmaps, and sometimes the client decides to move me randomly about it, but that's not the focus of this thread. My complaint, and hopefully someone can help me figure out what i'm doing wrong is that when i make #CAPTURE's when i close cmud, and reopen it, it will make the first capture window the new main session, and the main session will disapear and i cannot find it to play the game. This is frustrating, it's happened every single time i've used the #CAPTURE command, now in at least 3 named sessions i've started.

What is causing this, and how can i fix it. I spent 3 days searching the zugg forums, I know there is probably a thread about this, if there is and anybody knows what it is, link it and i'll just go read it there. otherwise thank you. :)
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:57 pm   

Go into the Settings Editor and click on your Capture window object. Make sure the "Network Connection" option is set to None. CMUD uses the first window with a network connection and command line as the main session window.

Not sure what caused this though. Using #CAPTURE "windowname" creates a normal capture window for me here that doesn't have any network connection. So I'm not sure how you created the capture windows in the first place. Maybe it's an issue from the zMUD conversion.

When converting zMUD scripts, also make sure you run the Compatibility Report and read the Changes for zMUD users help topic.
rhombur
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:16 pm   

discovered if i make the capture using the NEW dropdown, and then using the #capture command in a trigger it seems to work flawlessly. But you were right, when the window is created like that, I need to go into the options for it and make sure it's not a main session window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: