Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Seishin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:16 pm   

Multiple Window Crash

Why does zMUD crash and burn when I open two connections to either the same mud or two different muds. I open one connection, then hit the Chars button and click on another.. the first window is closed and the second window appears and connects but the tool/menu bar (with Chars, Classes, Aliases, File, Edit, view, etc) closes/disappears also. When I close that window the character select box appears and if I open a new char or hit Quit zmud gives me a million gault/exception errors.

This is freshly installed 6.16 on over five machines tested now.
I've tried it on Win95, Win98SE, on fresh reformats, on old systems. Nothing works.
iljhar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:08 pm   

Do the characters have layouts? Do you have the window layouts locked? Are you using old .mud files or are you starting with no settings? What are the faults and exception errors you get? They won't help me, but Zugg might know what would cause those.

Iljhar
Crius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 5:35 am   

I as well have always gotten this crash ever since upgrading to 6.16 about March sometime.

The error message is "Can't focus on disabled or invisible window", or something like that.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 8:09 pm   

We saw a lot of this when version 6 first went public. IIRC, the problem is usually having "lock layout" selected in any of the windows. With "lock layout" selected, there isn't anywhere to put a new character so it has to close the old one down to open a new one.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: