Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aerious
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:34 pm   

[3.10 beta] Semi-Random Crashes

Hi Zugg,

You probably have almost a dozen crash reports from this laptop over the last few weeks. I saw your call for forum posts, and thought I would bring to light the only issue I seem to be having.

It almost always happens after coming back to cmud either after having my windows locked, or also sometimes just having cmud in the background for an extended period of time.

After coming back, the act of just typing in a command... or scrolling back to read something and then typing a command will sometimes cause a crash.

Furthermore, the instances that cmud will crash seems to be heavily increased if i perform a ctrl-f find for previous text (with or without extended absences to cmud).

These are 'hard' crashes. They are not recoverable, once it happens no further commands can be entered (pressing enter brings up a new crash window).

Hopefully someone else out there is also having this problem, because I realize if I am alone, it will not be among the first things looked at :).

~Guy

Vista Ultimate, Cmud 3.10 Beta (( upgraded from 2.x stable which never did this crash ))
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:51 pm   

Tell me the Name that you used when you posted your crash dumps over the weekend so I can track those.

There is definitely a common crash in 3.10 related to hidden mapper windows and doing stuff like Ctrl-F. If the stack dump in the crash shows a call to "GetGrid", then that is a known common crash and is already fixed for v3.11.

The issue of crashes when coming back from a Locked window state is something that has been happening in v3.x for many months and I have never been able to track down the cause. It doesn't happen on any computers here, and seems very hard to reproduce. If you find a way to reproduce that specific crash, post one of the stack dumps here in the forum between [code] tags so that other people having this problem can compare it to their crashes.
Aerious
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:28 pm   

As far as I know.. I don't have the mapper running (intentionally),

I pm'd you the name

Thanks,
~Guy
Aerious
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 pm   

I did just get it to crash again w/ my ctrl-f, and it did show

Tmap.Fr.GetGrid w/ unit MapFrame3

so I guess i do have that going on for me too.

as far as coming back from locked windows, Ill try to keep my eye out for one of those so i can post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: