Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

BrettH1113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:01 am   

Freeze-up

If I try to access Properties in the palette, such as to change the properties of an exit or room type, ZMapper freezes. Windows Task Manager says it's still running, but I can't click on anything or even reduce the window. I'm using Windows XP, and I don't have any other programs running at the same time.

I can't seem to find an alternate way to adjust the properties of room or exit types so this has rather squashed a major function of ZMapper for me.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:03 pm   

How exactly are you trying to access the Properties? Are you just right-clicking on the room type and then selecting Properties from the menu?

Do you have multiple monitors on your computer, or is it possible the Properties window is being opened outside the edge of your screen? You might want to try deleting the ZMAPPER.INI file to restore the default window position to see if that helps.

I just tried this here with one of my maps and couldn't get it to freeze at all and it's not a problem that has been reported at all in the past.
BrettH1113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:14 pm   

I think you're right about it not being on the screen. However, deleting the .ini didn't help, and it's probably due to the fact that I was running this on a netbook with a little bitty screen. I've solved the issue by working on ZMud on my larger machine and just swapping the map files to my smaller machine when I need it.

I was accessing the properties with the right click, and also tried it from the menu, both had the same results so I imagine they're doing what they should be doing but it isn't detectable on a small screen. Interestingly though, while in the edit process, I can't close or reduce the ZMapper window. The only way I can close it is through the Task Manager.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: