Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Snark
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 10:34 am   

Can't set up automapper in new versions ZMUD

Once I made setup already for my favourite MUD, Arctic, when I ran ZMUD 5.xx. And now with 6.16 (and 6.22 too) I can't do it at all. Look at this room sample:
=======start==========
At the Edge of the Forest
As you step off the road into the forest, the trees are somewhat sparse
here. There is a little underbrush here, but not enough to impede your
progress. You can go deeper into the forest or return to the road.

23H 128V 2499X 0C Exits:NESW>
======= end ==========
When I try to use autoconfig option ZMUD recognises room name and room description right, but exits string colored blue (i.e. not recognised at all). Why? I don't think that it's so uncommon room description and exits. (All triggers are off, btw, to exclude their influence.)
I tried to set up automapper manually. But I haven't found any combination of checkboxes which would allow me to use automap function). No one combination works like it
did before. If I press Ctrl-L in map while standing in room like this, Automapper doesn't recognize any exits. What do I do wrong? Thanks in advance.

Snark.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:34 pm   

Strange..

The Automapper has hardly been changed between 5.55 and 6.22, only bug fixing.

Did you try importing your .zfg file from v5.55?

Lady C.
TaisharMalkier
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 1:52 pm   

maybe the problem is that the exits are all bunched up in a group and the mud tries to interpret the single direction of 'nesw' instead of 4 directions 'n', 'e', 's', and 'w'
just an idea...not sure how to fix it cuz i dont know how your mud would handle a direction such as 'se' or 'nw'

Contain rather than hurt.
Hurt rather than maim.
Maim rather than kill.
Kill rather than be killed.
Snark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 3:42 am   

Yes, of course, I tried to use old 5.xx automapper configuration as well as reconfigure ZMUD from the very beginning. And what I found last day: version 6.22 is working pretty good with special combination of checkboxes, but 6.16 still doesn't.

Unfortunately I can't use 6.22 because it's extremely buggy version. 6.16 is much more stable. But I like to use automapper...

Snark.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:11 am   

Hmm, my 6.16 works perfectly with my 5.55 config..

Btw, the exits look pretty uncommon to me :)

Which mud then?

Lady C.
Snark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:20 am   

As I said before - Arctic MUD, the best and the only MUD in the world! :)

Snark.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 7:01 pm   

Hmm, and how does one get there?

Lady C.
Snark
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 3:27 am   

http://mud.arctic.org (web page)
tel://mud.arctic.org:2700

Dragonlance environment, great balance, permanent evolution - what else could people wish? :)

Snark.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:34 pm   

I had many problems setting up the automapper with such a prompt. It looks to me like your mud runs modified diku or rom code. Many of these have a command "autoexit" that will display a line the automapper like to pick up a little better. Try that and see. The option of last resort is of course to help the automapper along...what works best in this case is leave your triggers on, add the command "#TAG prompt" to your prompt trigger. Runner the mappers reconfigure. Quite often it will not correctly detect the exits at that point. If this is the case you will have to manually check the boxes "Exit in Prompt" and "Single character exits". You may have to go through the configuration wizard yet again after checking those boxes. Trust me try the autoexit command first, even though the prompt exits are better for playing.
Snark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:32 am   

Well. I found the only way to force ZMUD understand my MUD in right way like it did before and at the same time keep all my settings (macros, triggers etc). It's strange malfunction which I can't understand, but way to cure it is:

1) Export your settings to the text file (Settings -> Export).
2) Create COMPLETELY new settings (Settings -> New).
3) Open your master map, save this new settings and exit ZMUD.
4) Import your old settings (Settings -> Import -> Script ASCII)
5) Set colors, fonts and save settings.

Done. Now my automapper works correctly - after only save and restore!
Btw, I want to draw Zugg's attention to one bug in version 6.16. I have some triggers like one below:

#TRIGGER { ({@PKList}) } {#cw red,white} "" {notrig}

Notice, that regular expression enclosed in spaces. And there is a bug in ZMUD. If I enter command above in command line - everything is ok, trigger will be created and spaces will stand before and after regular expression. But if I try load it from script file via Settings -> Import -> Script ASCII - spaces will disappear. It's an annoying bug which, I think, is very easy to fix. Thanks in advance.

Snark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: